Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,822   Posts: 1,581,900   Online: 1150

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After a few quiet days, 3 more cards arrived today

Nate's beaten up old car wheel and other lumber. It's amazing how photogenic junk can be!
    Wayne has sent a lighthouse at Portland: how greatto be able to go for a walk from your house and get a view like that.
    Ross has made a beautiful night shot of Prague in colour. Good composition and the dominant bronze colour is wonderful.

Thanks all!

Pete

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's not only my printing that's slow this round, it's also my commenting on received cards. These two great cards have been on my desk for about a week now:

Allen Friday: Grain Elevator, absolutely wonderful. Reminds me of the work of Bernd and Hilla Becher. If only we had buildings like that over here, I would be photographing them all the time.
    Pete H: Strong image, strong lines, and very interesting toning.

Thanks!

(And in case you didn't guess: mine are not printed yet... )

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Latest cards to show up are: Allen Friday's grain elevator - nice tones and composition, and I like the "old" in front of the "new"; Jon King's cigarettes - well done, the first thing my wife wanted to do when she saw it was brush the ashes; Warren Hinder's overpass - reminds me of a science fiction time tunnel, great; and Tim Gray's doublet of the angry girl - the two pictures go very well together.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Mine got into the mail today. My daughter also has printed her postcards, but she has to label and write them. So I think she will put her cards into the mail next week.

And in the meantime I got two more postcards. One from rossawilson1. Indeed an atmospheric one and one of the rare color postcards. And I got the card from Simplicius, The Road Ahead, a funny card, at least it made me smile.

Cheers
    Rüdiger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today I also received The Road Ahead, from Simplicius. It's very well composed - were you sitting down?

cheers
    Pete

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    Today I also received The Road Ahead, from Simplicius. It's very well composed - were you sitting down?

cheers
    Pete
    probably, I tend to spend a lot of time on or near to the ground when shooting street. Glad you liked it.
    rst: Glad it made you smile
    Sile: Probably will spend Paddy's Day in a darkroom, It's going to be raining after all,It ALWAYS does!
    Simplicius

"defying gravity since 1898"

My Flickr Account

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Peter Markowski's card came today. I like the way the tracks in the mud curve behind the overhanging trees.

Pete H

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Rüdiger. Your card arrived today. I like the idea of using a pinhole camera to express the mists of time. It looks very bleak now. Whenever I visit a castle I think of how it might have been, with people and animals and tapestries: life and colour. I bet those places smelled pretty bad too, with animals running about and no modern plumbing!

There is a challenge for everybody: make a picture which evokes a smell in the mind of the viewer.

cheers
    Pete

OMU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My cards went by the post this morning on their way round the globe.

The last week I have resaved postcards from
    Roger Bulrock, his lovely photo from the pine forest. Lovely tones and details in the photo.
    Shannon Friday: I’m amazed of the postcard travelling all the way from New Zealand. Seems as the whether are changing rapidly? The sun bracing true the threatening dark clouds and quiet weather.
    Warren Hinder send me a postcard with a strong geometric composition.

Thanks to all off you.
    This is my first exchange round. I will certainly participate in the next round. 

Best regards
    OMU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    16 Mar 2009

Two cards arrived today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    Peter Markowski's card came today. I like the way the tracks in the mud curve behind the overhanging trees.
    I agree. Nicely done, and well printed. Must be a real problem not having snow, and the resulting water. In California we are very close to water rationing because of low snow fall for three years straight.

The other card came from bpaties. I like how this image draws the viewer into this gate. I would be tempted to wander around until told to leave. Boyd, I am glad you liked my card, and that it arrived int the "land down under" safely. Welcome to the exchange!

Regards,
    Darwin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin