Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,850   Online: 997

Page 1 of 25 123456711 ... LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images

Postcard Exchange Round 16 Results and Feedback ...

Hi all,

Here again as in previous rounds, a thread to collect comments, feedback, being-late-announcements and my-cards-are-in-the-mail-messages.

Welcome to all of you who are new to the exchange - Thanks for trying this out. And also welcome to those well known people being already in previous rounds - Thanks for coming back.

I hope this will be fun for everyone. I will be back as organizer for the next round which starts with sign-in in May.

Here is the list of participants as a reminder:

Adrian D (20)
    Allen Friday (MAX)
    aluk (30)
    Andrei Ionita (20)
    Anke Drewitz (30)
    BirgerA (MAX)
    Black Dog (MAX)
    bmccarthy007 (30)
    bpaties (25)
    bwakel (20)
    BWKate (30)
    Cara (40)
    crispinuk (50)
    david b (50)
    drpsilver (MAX)
    Eric Mac (25)
    gordrob (30)
    hal9000 (25)
    johnnywalker (30)
    Jon King (MAX)
    jst (15)
    Kraker (30)
    KWhitmore (30)
    Lynda (MAX)
    Mark Fisher (MAX)
    MattKing (24)
    Mick Fagan (MAX)
    Mike Wilde (30)
    mikeg (35)
    nuckabean (10)
    OMU (10)
    ozphoto (45)
    parker53 (10)
    Pete H (MAX)
    Peter Markowski (30)
    Roger Bulcock (MAX)
    rossawilson1 (24)
    rst (MAX)
    rwyoung (25)
    sage (MAX)
    Samad Asad (50)
    Shannon Friday (MAX)
    Simplicius (30)
    sly (MAX)
    Síle (MAX)
    thomsonrc (20)
    Tim Gray (MAX)
    tlsid (25)
    trotkiller (25)
    Wayne Frederick (20)
    wazza (MAX)
    wrench (MAX)

Have fun and cheers
    Rüdiger

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi all.

I am new to the exchange, but have loved the idea of it for a long while (also, wanted an excuse to support my local "Ted's" who now stock Ilford Postcard paper on the shelf). My question is, what is the expectation of a message, if any, on the card?? I don't want to be a slacker and not provide at least a reasonable attempt at the task.

I look forward to participating (both the giving and receiving) even though I am very much an amateur. Thanks for your efforts with this, Rudiger.

yours
    boyd

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bpaties View Post
    ... My question is, what is the expectation of a message, if any, on the card?? I don't want to be a slacker and not provide at least a reasonable attempt at the task.
    That is up to you. I get postcards without even menioning in a readable way who sent it and I get postcards with all details about the image. I usually print labels which contain some information about the image and then I add some handwritten personal comments - be it a remark about an earlier postcard of this person, or just an "All the best" greeting for people I do not know. This lies in the middle of those writing nearly nothing and the brave of us who write the whole message by hand.

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Boyd:

I really appreciate it when there is a fair amount of info, but at a minimum I'd ask for:

1) Which exchange (in this case, APUG Postcard Exchange #16) the card is part of; and
    2) Your APUG screen name.

Matt

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Watch out, the first address correction is out!

Cheers
    Rüdiger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Boyd, my postcards are all printed, in fact I printed them last year. I will be sending them out in the near future, however, you are in Australia and I don't need an overseas stamp, therefore I'll write a postcard up tonight and it should be in the post on Thursday evening.

You can have a Captain Cook and figure out the rest by the replies to your question.

You may even get it on Friday, although Qld is possibly 2 days minimum from Melbourne.

I'll hand write, pretty easy really.

Mick.

Ps:- Vanbar also have postcard stock these days.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    As it's my first exchange I thought I'd better be prompt so mine went into the post today. Hopefully Royal Mail won't let me down and they'll be with my twenty recipients in the near future.

It was my first experience with Ilford Postcard paper and my first use of RC paper since I used it for my very first prints a couple of years ago. I found it very difficult to get the sort of image I'm used to getting using Forte and Foma FB paper so next time I might create my own postcards from those papers.

Anyway it was good fun and I'm looking forward to seeing what others send me.

Barry
    My website: Light Work

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hmm. I need to select a negative and print

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've sorted all mine out and I'll start sending them out this week.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Mick

"Morrie" arrived safely in the mail on Monday and she is a real beaut! I love the tones and your borderless printing is a very nice touch. Thanks also for including such a nice message, as my first received card it certainly sets the bar very high.

I am like like Tim and am yet to select a negative and can't seem to find time when I am not running a child to sport or attending a meeting about sport at the moment to get into the darkroom. But I should make some time in the next week or so.

Trust you have managed to avoid the wild weather and terrible fires. Stay safe.

yours
    b

Page 1 of 25 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin