Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,848   Online: 924

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lori - I received your postcard this week. It arrived a little scratched up from the postal machines but the print still looks great. I love those old sign posts!

Well, I guess that's my only card I'm going to receive until I get back from Japan in September. A few cards have already arrived at my parent's place but they'll be sending me the whole lot when I return in the fall. I'll make all my comments then!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The last of mine, to European and Canadian addresses, went out with yesterday morning's mail. I also received my first, from Pete H, a long-exposure shot of a rocky cataract taken from an interesting angle--very nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine got labelled and posted at lunchtime today. All it took was the first postcard to arrive at my end, and for my wife to not have me scheduled to do something on her list for every day over the past weekend.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Originally, I put this in the wrong thread -

I have received some cards - very nice - really glad I joined this enterprise.

So far I have gotten cards from:

Chis - love the live tree surrounding the tombstone
    Rachelle - great IR shot - another reason for Kodak to bring this film back
    Lori - Interesting - everyone lives to the left and one even puts up their phone number
    Pete - love water shots, especially moving over rocks

Someone asked - the shot I sent is a reduction and slightly cropped, I thought it was easier to set up the "enlarger" for multiple prints rather then use a contact printing frame.

Looking forward to getting the rest in mail -

Robert

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just got back from a week in Sweden to be greeted by a whole stack of cards. I'll write some comments about them soon...

In the meantime, I wanted to say that for anybody who uses Latex for other purposes, there's a nice 'labels' package that works great. I was using some OS X program called pearLabelizer, but the labels package for latex is significantly easier. If you are comfortable with Latex already...

Just prepare a text file with each address separated by ONE blank line and a very simple tex file which includes the layout dimensions for your label sheet (margins, number of labels, and spacing inside and outside of each label) and you're done. It also has a function for adding a border around your labels so you can soft proof the page.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike C's moth arrived after flying across the Atlantic - no wonder it's resting! Seriously, the wood and hairy moth textures are really rich and I like the toning treatment too.

Cheers
    Pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was wondering where that moth went off to,after I took that picture never saw him again. Thanks for the kind words Pete.

Mike
    Last edited by mike c; 06-16-2009 at 02:00 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: SP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Mike - More kind words. I've been playing around with different toners for my postcards. Selenium, home brew polytoner, your sepia II/selenium, straight sepia II and guess what. The sepia II/selenuim is the clear winner. Thanks again for the info your toning process.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well that's great Roger, I've never toned much before, just got lucky.

Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It occurred to me that I omitted these details from the backs of my cards so if anyone would like to know . . .

Title- 'Etched In Stone' (straight scan in my gallery)
    Exposed in 2007
    Minolta sr-T101
    TMY (ISO 400 TMax)
    Developed in HC110 Dil B for 6 minutes
    Printed on Arista RC VC Paper
    Dodging and burning employed
    Printed at f/16 for 40 seconds

I'm dying to get more cards, myself. I'm glad everyone is pleased with mine thus far. I had fun printing them.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin