Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,598   Online: 752

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm readily informed by my PA that cards galore are arriving at my address!
    Sorry to all - mine are being posted today, so you should receive shortly. I'll be able to comment later next month when I return from shooting in Bangkok and Asia; looking forward to all the gems being mentioned by everybody!!

- Nanette
    www.nanettereid.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Off to a great start!
    The first postcard I received was frommooseontheloose:Rachelle and of course I LOVED it being an infrared fan myself and because the image was so great! Wow, your IR photo of Sacre Coeur was very well done. I don't always have people in my IR shots either so I understand what a novelty it is to have a gesture of a person in the shot. It certainly makes it interesting.
    Second postcard was a lovely shot of apple blossoms from lorirfrommontana taken from her backyard. Don't you love it when all you have to do is go outside to get a decent shot!
    Third postcard is a moody shot of a cemetary head stone from Christopher A Walrath and I really enjoy the fact that the postcard is bigger than the standard postcard. I do love wandering around in cemetaries. They are so peaceful... We have a beautiful one here in Victoria called Ross Bay Cemetary.
    And finally today I received PeteH's gorgeous pinhole shot of a grouping of clear water glasses. Simply wonderful, Pete! Love the tones and the composition. Wish I had taken it...am so jealous..
    Now I have to find an image to print. I still have two rolls of HIE to develop..maybe something might be worthy.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thank you to all who have sent their cards so far.

I just wanted everyone to know that I will be late getting out my cards. I am leaving on Saturday for Ireland and I will not be back in the states until July 15. I hope to get at least one good image on the trip, however, to use in the exchange. I look forward to the pile of cards that will greet me on my return.

Thanks,

Allen

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I don't use Excel, but I do use the mail merge functions in WordPerfect. I just use the search and replace functions to replace the semi-colons and line breaks with the appropriate field and record delimiters, and then copy the result into a data file.

Once you've done it once, you can re-use your work in subsequent exchanges.

Hope this helps.

Matt
    You use Wordperfect!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk View Post
    You use Wordperfect!
    I've used it since version 4.1, and recommend it. I find it to be just as powerful as Word, and much more transparent in operation.

It still has a strong following in the legal community.

It also doesn't hurt that it has a Canadian owner

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    I bought 1,000 sheets from Germany a couple of years ago, I'm almost through that lot and I think I will just cut up other stock to size for the future.
    Mick,

I don't need any postcard stock myself at the moment (due to my lack of involvement at the moment and I still have several boxes) but I wonder if you'd have the market to organise something like this. I'd probably grab a few anyway! Not sure how internal postage to participants would affect the overall costings but that could be an issue also. There's a couple of group buys happening at my camera club for the very reason that postage kills individual orders.

Postage from the US seems ridiculous. I recently participated in the 'largeformatphotograhy' exchange (you send your prints to a central location and that person sends back a batch of prints) and although what was sent to me was slightly larger and heavier than what I sent, mine cost $13 to send and after exchange conversion the other cost nearly $50. I've noticed it at other times as well.

Cheers, Nige

P.S. Good to see the enthusiasm of this exchange is still high, almost infectious! If I ever get organised I might have to rejoin the fray!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kate - thanks so much for your kind comments -- it really means a lot to me, since I admire your infrared work so much!

According to my folks I've received quite a few postcards and my mom loves the moth from Mike C -- she thinks it would be even better in colour! I'll have to leave my comments for everyone for when I actually see the cards when I get back in September. These exchanges are so infectious! Hopefully I'll have something interesting from Japan to print in the next round.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wished I had some color film at the time ,now I keep 1 roll around just in chase.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today Mike Wilde's card arrived. There's a place just like that about half an hour from where I live, even down to the signs of the old logging business. It looks as if you waded out into the river to get the composition, Mike. Getting the history of the place is interesting too.

cheers
    Pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two more cards today -
    A colourful abandoned structure in Arizona from bkalafut,
    and an anonymous Kodak Darkroom at Disney World - interesting shot but sad comment on our times!

cheers
    Pete

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin