Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,546   Online: 891

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Two more cards today.
    The Kodak Darkroom at Disney World and Mike Wilde's card. Both are great! It is so much fun getting the mail. I can't wait to see what new image has arrived.
    Lori

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I'm sorry it looks like I forgot to sign the Kodak Darkroom card.

Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    20 June 2009

At long last my cards are on the drying screens as I write. This round has begun with some fantastic work coming to my mail box. It is always exciting to see what each round brings. Hopefully my cards will go into the mail by mid-week.

The cards I have received to-date are (in no particular order) ...
    The card from Rlibersky is a reminder of past days on two counts: (1) the Kodak postcard stock, and (2) when darkrooms were almost everywhere.
    The card from Christopher Walrath is well composed, and nicely printed.
    Mike Wilde's card is a reminder that I must go the Sierra to photograph soon.
    I like how FotoGys draws the viewer into the meadow. I find this landscape very inviting.
    Initially the card from mike c was a little unnerving. Did not realize that moths that big existed. I really like the warmtone. It makes the details really "pop".
    Pete H's card is so inviting and smooth. Even though it is dominated by high value tones the image works very well.
    I like the perspective that paul_c5x4 took in photographing this car. Nothing says one must include the entire vehicle in a photograph.
    The card from lorifrommontana is almost 3 dimensional. Great use of soft background.
    Matt King's card also is very inviting. I would like to walk into the card and follow the boardwalk. Well done.
    The card from Rmann begs to tell a story. I also like to photograph old, and decaying, buildings. They all have stories to tell.
    The card from mooseontheloose is very well made (both composition and printing). The boys playing soccer about to kick the ball to Sacre Coeur (by line-of-sight). This is my favorite card so far. Fantastic use of HIE.

Thanks to all for such wonderful cards. Mine will be out soon.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Folks
    Finally I got some time to join in I will go to my dark room this week .So far I got few cards last couple of weeks.
    Pete H. Very interesting shot, very sharp IMO for a pin hole camera.
    Nice tonal values.
    Rmann White Door-Hurley Barn, I am also interested in photographing old buildings . Good composition ,nice printing of the subject.
    Matt King A really wonderful image it is almost three dimensional, great lens.
    mooseontheloose Exceptional HIE image with great composition, well done
    I like this one a lot.
    lorifrommontana Apple Blossoms. Great selective focus image , nice tonality.
    Mike Wilde Great image with lot of history behind it,well done. I have been once to different waterfalls in the Niagara area couple a years ago with our camera club.
    Guus I am sorry I could not read the hole name but I like the image, very tranquil and sharp. Very nice camera Mamiya 6.

Thanks Greg
    Last edited by Buster6X6; 06-21-2009 at 10:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have to go pick up the mail in the morning, but I'm half way through addressing my cards...just another 25 to go, roughly. Doing it over the course of a few nights.
    Dang canadians and your long addresses
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

dang canadians - what?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleath View Post
    Have to go pick up the mail in the morning, but I'm half way through addressing my cards...just another 25 to go, roughly. Doing it over the course of a few nights.
    We are a giulty as you with the long addreses. I could just say street address , 4 digit postal code, country and the post card would get to you. Most peoiple include the long address as though you were going to drive there, rather than have the postal system deliver it.

For us, the street address, postal code and country is all it takes. For instance, when I hand address an envelope that is going out and want to be brief, my return postal address is 2332 Homelands, L5K 1G6, Canada. If I happenned to live in an appartment buiding, my return postal address could be as short as my unit number, and the psotal code, because most large apartment buildings have their own postal code.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    22 June 2009

Canadian addresses are short in comparison to some in the UK!

My cards were posted today.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I must admit. I like seeing that everyone likes the prints I sent out. But, Darwin, I really appreciate your words. This is only the fourth negative I have ever printed and after about three rounds of dialing in overall exposure and about eight-ten rounds of getting the local contrast control the way I felt it I was very happy with what I came up with. I really do appreciate your comments for a complete rookie.

Haven't gotten any cards in over a week. I will await as patiently as my upbringing and personal experiences will permit. Everyday when I get home from work I ask 'Any postcards?' to a recent, resounding 'Sorry, Dad.'

That's OK. It's been great so far. I will sign up for the max next time.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drpsilver View Post
    22 June 2009

Canadian addresses are short in comparison to some in the UK!

My cards were posted today.

Regards,
    Darwin
    You are 100% correct, addressing the postcard to Simon at Ilford was a short story in itself.
    It's a really interesting experience going through the different formatting styles and postal codes though. Maybe I'm just a massive nerd, but I find the postcodes for Canada and the UK alien (Letters?! but what if my 1 looks like an I and it ends up in Spain!), and the 5 digit codes for the US a little unusual, and then the complete lack of post codes for New Zealand...

All my postcards are addressed and sitting in a box next to me, look forward to my prayers they all arrive.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    35mm
    ...the 5 digit codes for the US a little unusual
    US zip codes are actually 9 digits long, I believe, though people seem to only write the first five. In any case, my cards went out today. Since I was getting bored with the Vancouver Olympics stamps, I ordered in some more interesting ones from Canada Post... hope everyone likes them (and the cards).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin