Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,495   Posts: 1,543,022   Online: 799

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi all! I have sure enjoyed the postcards I have received. I just want to say that if you should have gotten a card from me and did not let me know. I would hope that they all should have reached their destinations by now! I have 15 or so postcard papers left and can make another run if needed to replace those lost or damaged. Just let me know! Lori

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two more cards arrived today:
    A wonderful IR shot from one of Wolfgang Moersch's walks with the dog - it has a beautiful finish and I like the negative space in the dark parts of the sky.
    Great tones in Black Dog's still life and a pleasing hint of warmth from the selenium toner.

Thanks!

Pete

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    White Door,Hurley barn by Rmann-love this kind of subtle surreal detail!

Sacre Coeur by Mooseontheloose-nice to see a very different take on a much photographed landmark.

Glasses by Pete H-Dreamlike abstraction enhanced by the unsharp sharpness of the pinhole.

Odd Fellows Cemetery by Christopher A Walrath-Sombre and moody with the gravestone and trees gradually growing together.

Walkway by Mattking-Reminiscent of an Andy Goldsworthy or Richard Long sculpture.

Apple Blosoms by Lorifrommontana-pleasingly subtle bokeh.

Thanks!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just got DRPSILVER's post card today.Looks good,I like the frame with in a frame,my eyes just walk right into and through the door frame,very cool.I'm surprised there is anything left out there,its been a known scenic place for a long time.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just received DRPSILVER's card today. Love it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I gotDarwin's card as well. My first one in two weeks. I love the use of tone in this one. From the shadows in the rocks to the grain in the wood. It's a great shot. Thank you very much, Darwin. I love it.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mailed mine out today, and got ozphoto's postcard to boot, another HIE postcard - a very familiar scene to me and a brilliant photo.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Two more in the post. Wolfgang Moersch's IR Holga shot - I've tried the Adox IR820 film and didn't get anything as good as this.

Darwin (a.k.a. drpsilver) "Portal, Bodie" - Got a bit chewed by the postal system and kinda makes me curious as to where in Bodie this was taken.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    26 June 2009

Mike, Lori, Chis, and Paul:

I am glad you like the card. It was a challenge to get this image because I was working "in between raindrops".

Bodie is just north of Mono Lake on the east side of the Sierra in California. In the late 1800's it was the most populous town in CA. Why? It sat on one of the richest veins of gold found in the "Mother Lode". Alas after about 20 or 30 years is became a ghost town, and now a State Park. The striking thing about Bodie is how well preserved it is. Being located at at 8000 feet elevation and in a very dry environment is the primary reason (little water => little rot). This photograph was made in north part of Bodie near the jail and "Chinese section" of town.

It is a really neat place to photograph.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drpsilver View Post
    Bodie is just north of Mono Lake on the east side of the Sierra in California.
    <snip>
    It is a really neat place to photograph.
    Having been there twice in recent years, I would agree up to a point - It is best to get there "out of season" and early in order to avoid the tourists. Friends of Bodie arrange one Saturday each month where you can get in before sun up and stay till dark without getting a $300 ticket - This (I think) has to be booked in advance, details here.

If only we were allowed to shoot the itinerants lolling around in the background

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin