Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,954   Online: 967

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718192024 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    26 June 2009

Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Having been there twice in recent years, I would agree up to a point - It is best to get there "out of season" and early in order to avoid the tourists. Friends of Bodie arrange one Saturday each month where you can get in before sun up and stay till dark without getting a $300 ticket - This (I think) has to be booked in advance, details here.

If only we were allowed to shoot the itinerants lolling around in the background
    Paul:

I agree with you about trying avoid the masses of people that visit Bodie. I have been fortunate enough the be on some workshops that allowed us to visit, and photograph, inside some of the buildings. Otherwise it is a challenge not to have people in your photographs. Thanks for the link to "Friends of Bodie". I did not know that they sponsored "photography days".

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just got Wolfgang Moersch's walks with the dog today in the mail. What an awesome shot. It is so much fun to come home to find new postcards. This is very addictive!
    Lori

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mine are finally printed (I re-did one lot). Just need to get some stamps this morning and hopefully they will go in the mail on Monday.

I know I only had a very small list, but its now been over 2 weeks since I have gotten one.....I'm feeling left out!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Please. If anyone who has me on their list and has not received my card, PM me so I can resend. I would think everyone should have gotten them by now. I sent out on the 4th so it has been 22 days (19 postal days).

Let me know. Thanks.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Thoght it was about time I caught up with some feedback on the wonderful cards received since Pete H's first card - the quality is very high this round (lots of IR too - must have been spring!):

Wolfgang Moersch - A beautiful IR shot. The cloud seems to be a mirror of the tree. Well seen and well taken
    Black Dog - A very poignant picture of his nephew. The atmosphere is superb as is the print
    Darwin - A very topical shot! The remains of the bank at Bodie
    Mooseontheloose - A stunning IR shot. The timing is spot on and it almost looks like a Photoshop montage it's so surreal and beautiful
    Lorirfrommontana - A wonderfully quirky set of wooden signs to what appear to be individuals' houses!

Thanks

Barry
    My website: Light Work

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Darwin's card arrived today. It looks like quite a long time since that bank had any gold, but the silver print is a gem. Now there's a mixed metaphor ...
    Thanks Darwin!

Pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Previously I have received, enjoyed and commented upon a card from one APUGer (mooseontheloose).

The most recent arrivals are from:

Black Dog -“Still Life (games)” - the print exudes warmth
    Christopher Walrath - “Etched in Stone” - an eerie print of a haunting subject - it’s really interesting to compare the print with the scan in Christopher’s Gallery
    drpsilver - “Portal Bodie” - a really interesting relic and a rich print to draw you in
    lorirfrommontana - “signs” a nice print of an intriguing artifact that begs the question - “why???”
    MattKing - hey - this looks familiar
    Pete H - “glasses” - it always amazes me how creative the “pinhole” people are here, and Pete’s card is a great example
    Wolfgang Moersch - “Walking the Dog and Holga” - an IR shot that glows, and a fantastic print in support

I look forward to the cards that are yet to come from:

(Allen Friday, bdial, Buster6X6, crispinuk, Fleath, Jon King, markrewald, Mick Fagan, Rob Skeoch, Roger Bulcock, rst, rtbadman, sly, syzygy_moi, Síle, Tim Gray, tocalosh)

Thanks to everyone for participating.

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hello again,

last week I received a very nice IR picture from Wolfgang, made with a Holga and also a real nice shot from Darwin (drpsilver).
    Oh and thanks to both for the compliments I received on the photograph I send.

Guus
    Fotografen zien veel meer in hun leven

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    aluk's card arrived yesterday. Students really are young these days

Thanks!
    Pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Finally my cards are away.
    Two more cards arrived last couple of days :
    DRPSILVER Portal Bodie excellent silver print. Delta 100 what a beautiful film. Well done.
    Aluk Three Bares Park. Well seen and printed. Great shot.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin