Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,681   Online: 813

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 71112131415161718192021222327 ... LastLast
    sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

not on list

Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker View Post
    I mailed mine out yesterday, but I'm thinking I might not have put "Johnnywalker" anywhere on the card. There is a "John" on one side though, and a tree or two on the other, not to spoil the anticipatory excitement I'm sure the 20 lucky recipients are all feeling right now.
    John, I signed up for the max, but you were not on the address list I recieved. I've just been preparing my cards, (51 of them) and I checked thrice for your name.

OMU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have received a nice card from Drpsilver from a Portal. A nice contact print with a great tonality, must have been a big job printning postcard as contact copy!

Fleath has send a card with a child running in an art gallery. The photo is full of actions and he has captured a nice moment of childhood.

Lately there has been to much work and to little time to have fun in the darkroom, but at least I have printed my postcard for this round. The’ l be will be sent in a few of days.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    John, I signed up for the max, but you were not on the address list I recieved. I've just been preparing my cards, (51 of them) and I checked thrice for your name.
    Lillian, the maximum does not mean that you have every participant on your list. That would only be possible if everyone would signup for the max.

Cheers
    Rüdiger
    Last edited by rst; 07-08-2009 at 05:20 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo in name

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    08 July 2009

The cards received over the past two weeks show a wide variety of subjects and topics.

The card from Fleath indeed full of action. I wonder what the child was so interested in. Well composed and printed.
    Johnnywalker's photography draws me into the meadow where this cabin sits. Must be a neat place to photograph. I really like the range of tones in the print. Well done.
    The wavy brick walls in Buster6x6's photograph prompt lots of questions. Why would someone design a building like this? For what purpose? Well done and nicely printed. The slight warm paper base give the print a feeling of being old.
    The card from Wolfgang Moersch is a great example of why IR is so neat. It is nice to see that Efke IR820 gives such good results. Looks like the Holga you got has fairly good optics. Very well done. Two questions though: (1) what is the equivalent Wratten number for RG 715, and (2) what is "Finol"?
    Lastly, I received a card without any identification, only my address. It is a photograph of a Scrabble board with a word spelled on it. Very nice used of depth-of-field to relate a message. Well done whoever made the card. The country of origin is Canada. Any takers?

Thanks to all for all the nice images.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two cards arrived today after a fallow period - woo hoo!

Greg (Buster6x6) sent a very wonky wall. Does it bow outwards too? Must have been quite a skilled bricklayer to stop that from falling down during the construction.

JohnnyWalker sent a log cabin which is completely dwarfed by the trees behind. The effect is enhanced by placing the cabin close to the bottom of the picture.

Thanks!
    Pete

OMU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wolfgang, Your card arrived Saturday. Thanks.
    I have never tried the Adox paper, looks nice and I' l probably try some next time I'm out of paper. :-)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I received a card from Anke in the post today. A beautifully toned print of a bladehouse in Scotland. A very soft photograph that speaks thomes of the history of Scotland. I love it for its simplicity above all else. Very well seen.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Two more received:

Fleath: Running child.
    tocalosh: Appleby Horse Fair.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Three cards have arrived while I've been away ...
    A very graphic set of mooring poles from Odd Magnus (omu) - tusen takk!
    The warm treatment of Anke's blackhouse village is complements the misty atmosphere.
    Sam Sharpe (tocalosh) sent a very dynamic shot from Appleby horse fair.

Thanks all!

Pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Still here!

Hi fellow Postcard Exchangers.

Here's a quick message to break my own deafening silence.

I've been unexpectedly busy with a lot of other things, and haven't found the time to comment on the cards received. I promise I will post detailed comments later on, but for now, I just want to say that I have received beautiful postcards in this round up to now. Thanks!

As for my own cards: I'm working on them. It'll be a bit different than my usual contribution, but I hope you'll like them nonetheless. I plan to send them all before the end of the month.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin