Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,818   Posts: 1,581,647   Online: 814

Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819202122232428 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi all
    I too have been very slack and haven't yet commented on the fabulous set of cards that I have already received ... but I will do soon.

As for my cards, they are now in the mail ... I did three different shots to send around, so I hope that you received one that you like ...

boyd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just received a card from Tocalosh, what a great show of motion,the horse looks really cool running along the ever moving crowd . The rider and buggie are centered clearly by focus, great post card,thanks Sam. If anyone has not received one of my postcards let me know I sent them out at the get go.

Mike

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have finally put my postcards in the mail. Now I'm just behind on the alt print exchange (.....and the garden, and the housework, and paperwork for my job, and.......)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been getting a postcard here and there. Many are very fine.

I will have to comment in more detail later; I am busy like mad at work, and trying to issue a tender document I'm writing before heading off on vacation in a week.

Plus all of the packing for the vacation, which is a 16 day road trip around Lake Michigan, and a good part of Superior with a week of wilderness canoeing with the family happening part way though

You can tell that in the northern hemisphere that we are in the middle of summer.

People are out doing other things than getting busy in the darkroom and getting the cards in the mail as soon as the addresses come out.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks mike. I'm amazed how quick it got to you. I posted all my cards on Monday night. Under 36 hours to get from darkest Northumberland to LA is fast!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tocalosh View Post
    Thanks mike. I'm amazed how quick it got to you. I posted all my cards on Monday night. Under 36 hours to get from darkest Northumberland to LA is fast!
    You must have used those special stamps, or I guess the postal service was haveing a good day.

Mike
    Last edited by mike c; 07-16-2009 at 09:26 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: sp.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BBBold: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I got Sam's card today as well. All I can say is that you knocked the focus out of the park. Talk about emphasizing the subject. Very well done indeed. Thank you for sending it on, Sam.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    KWhitmore's card arrived yesterday. The door is somehow incongruous because of the contrast in colour and the perspective. Nice one!

Cheers
    Pete

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    OK, mine went to the post office yesterday. Sorry for being so late, but it is a bit tough right now. Usually I send the cards with comments on received cards which is always a good reason to grab through the cards from the last round, looking at all the beautiful images received. I have not had the time this round. I will do so again next round. Promised.

Cheers
    Rüdiger

Shooter
    35mm RF
    As my cards are 90% out, let me shortly elaborate a bit on the shot - the photo was made after germany beat turkey in the semi-finals of the euro08 3:2. the second flag is actually russian and not german, as one would be inclined to think. And i believe it is a nice touch that these semi-immigrants didn´t mind partying with the rest of the german population.

A few comments on some of the cards I received:

First off was Pete H with a very nicely executed and beatifully printed (love the dark stone) "chliché"

Next Rachelle (mooseontheloose) and Mr. Mörsch (nice baryt paper) with some nice IR imaging.

Fleath with a intruiging mystery shot and KWhitmore with a perplexing and fun mirror shot.

Tocalosh`s card as has been said is nicely captured and beatifully printed.

But the card that really stands out from the crowd (for me at least) is Rüdiger´s absolutely stunning etude in tonality. Very sweet.

Many thanks to everyone who is participating, and I hope my subject suits at least some of you, I had a hard time choosing a photo, this being my first postcard exchange. Next time I will probably choose a medium format print, but at the time I thought square pictures on a rectangular postcard were a no-go .

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin