Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,405   Online: 895

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91314151617181920212223242529 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I have received that Turkish flag from Jan (Gennari). I like pictures like this that make you look into the background and think - it comes out quite abstract.

I hope your arm is better soon, too.

cheers
    Pete

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'd like to comment on the following cards which I've recently received.......

Walking the Dog and Holga..... Nice shot Wolfgand I really like the effect and think it really works.... good to see you're giving the camera a good walk each day.

Abandoned Farmhouse near Adams Lake by John Addison.... I love the composition and how it shows the scale of the area. Nice detail right down to the fence posts. The contrast of the roof really makes the building stand out against the trees.

Must have been drunk by Greg Buster 6x6.... Great detail on the rocks and the light hitting the corner of the house really works.... also nice shadow detail on the left side.

I have a great shot of a BlackHouse Village from Scotland... the name of the artist is blurred but it's a very nice photo and I love the window on the right hand side. The haze works as well.

The shot of the Wintergardens is very nice.... great blacks with the white framing of the building... very nice work... the name of the artist was blurred on this one as well.

Thanks for sending them along... I'll get mine printed one day.

-rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just received Sly's post card today,beautiful composed and printed old car (Morris).When I was in high school a guy had a Morris Minor van,great looking little car. All though I liked the original Austin Healy mini Cooper a little better,but that was back then today I'd take either one.Thanks Sly

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Few more cards came last week.
    Tocalosh with motion filled silky( I think that's what they are called?)race. Wonderful selective focus image.
    Gennari Night celebration of the win over Turkey.Flags point to the event Very nice
    Rossbrook House by KWithmore Nice rich blacks and white door to get your attention. Very sharp. Great image.
    Alex Fleath Running Child Very thought provoking image, full of anticipation.

Keep them coming. Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today I received a Sandscape from Boyd, with really nice textures and patterns accentuated by the low light.
    Also Rüdiger's pinhole Schloss: I like the way the formless shadows seem to float on top of the geometrical architecture.

Cheers
    Pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have Wolfgand's interesting IR shot. Up until recently, I hadn't seen this kind of shot before. Interesting effect and has me intrigued.

I am still looking each day for new cards. 6 still to come!

Cheers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Some cards to comment, that I received last five weeks:

tocalosh's Appleby Horse Fair, very well captured action
    Wolfgang Moersch's Walking the dog and Holga, so many words are spoken about that print, I agree on them, it's my favorite so far
    bpaties's Morning fish brings some holiday feelings of calmness
    mooseontheloose's Paris in IR, love the scenery
    probably lorirfrommontana's well focused Apple blossoms
    probably Rlibersky's vintage print of Disney world
    Fleath's child at an exhibition opening implicates some room for many thoughts
    drpsilver's Portal in Bodie, a nice detail of a probably interesting location, love the tones
    aluk's captured moment at a popular meeting place
    and rst's pinhole detail of Schloss Bruchsal, a pointillist view
    Thanks so far to all senders!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Skeoch View Post
    I have a great shot of a BlackHouse Village from Scotland... the name of the artist is blurred but it's a very nice photo and I love the window on the right hand side. The haze works as well.
    Thanks to Rob, Christopher and Pete for your nice comments on my card.
    @ Christopher: There's no toning applied to the print, it's just a straight development and the chamoise tone of the paper that works here.

Anke

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BBBold: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Name amiss from the card that came in the post today. Strong composition of the hood of a Morris. The water droplets lend a solidity to the print. It's from Canada. Very well done. Let me know and I'll add your name.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Christopher,
    That shot of a Morris hood is from Sly (Lillian Sly) from Nanaimo. She's just a hour and a half drive from me here in Victoria.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Two more:

rst - Pinhole of Schloss Bruchsal

sly - Morris (point of order - 'mericun autos have hoods, trunks & fenders, British cars have bonnets, boots & bumpers )

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin