Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,559   Online: 1018

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 111516171819202122232425262731 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received two in the post today.

I got Mark's 'Little Angel'. It haunts me. All I can say is, well, WOW. I absolutely love it. I mean, well, WOW.

I also received Crispin's Husavik, Iceland. The color is vibrant. I would hope due more to the light than any materials/processes. I may never visit Iceland personally, but I would love to do so. It seems such a beautiful land to my limited exposure.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This is an up-date on the cards I've received recently.
    Thank you to everyone who has sent cards. I have half my film processed from my China assignment so I do hope to have my prints by the end of the month.

Tocalooh, a great pan shot of the horse racing by.... you can feel the speed in the photo.
    Boyd, Tracks in the Sand... this is such a nice photo.... great that you noticed those little tracks.
    I can't read the name of the artist but the Euro 08 jubilation shot has a nice feel to it.... and it's great to be out shooting this type of subject when it happens.
    Katherine's picture of the Rossbrook House is a great photo... lovely tones and a very successful composition.
    Bruchsal's contact print is so sharp it's hard to believe it's a pinhole..... very nicely done
    L.Sly's Morris has come in and is a great angle on the hood of the car. The water drops make the photo. Keep using up that box of film.
    Alex's shot of the small child has a great mood and feel to it.
    Darwin, when my wife first saw the photo she said to me... I think I've been at the doorway..... of course Bodie is one of her favorite places.

Keep em coming.

-rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by crispinuk View Post
    It was taken in August Mike However, about 1 1/4 inches down from the top edge and 1/4 inch in from the left edge you can just see some small white blobs through the mist. These are the patches of ice still clinging to the tops of the mountains across the bay.
    I SEE It,I SEE IT!!! I guess it is Iceland then.:o

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got a well weathered Little Angle in the mail,great texture and tight composition .And yes it is a little haunting,great photograph,Thanks Mark.

Mike

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Catching up...

Catching up on cards received so far (I've got 12 out of 25 to date).

I think I have kept the stack in order of date received, not that it really matters... Anyway... my comments.

Pete H: crystal clear pinhole. A nice example of how you can find interesting shots without leaving your house. It's just a matter of seeing it.
    lorirfrommontana: signs. A lot of them!
    mooseontheloose: One of my favourites this round. Great IR shot, and not just buildings and trees, but people and action as well. I guess this is (was) only possible with HIE. All remaining IR film is just too slow for this kind of action photography. I really love this shot.
    Christopher Walrath: Cemetary shot. The lighting is just perfect, really gives the shot the right mood.
    drpsilver: Portal, Bodie. Not much remains of this portal, I'd say.
    Wolfgang Moersch: Infrared with a Holga, why not? The result is great. Very nice paper as well, nice look and feel!
    Buster6x6: "Must have been drunk". You surprise me every time, you really have an eye for "things worth shooting".
    Fleath: nice sinister action shot.
    crispinuk: Yes, this looks like Iceland. Nice and quiet picture.
    rst: Yes, I like your pinhole view of the Schloss.
    Sly: "Morris", this has got to be another favourite for me this round. The drops of rain on the shine curved surface, so simple, yet so beautiful.
    tocalosh: Lovely action shot of the Appleby horse fair.

...and now, I will start writing and addressing my cards. Really, I will!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Fuji address?

So, we've got bonus addresses for Sean, HARMAN/Ilford and Kodak...

Does anybody have an address for someone at Fuji? I thought it would be a nice way to show them that there's still interest in their 800 speed films (even though it seems the jury is still out on their verdict).

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Mooring Pole came in on Friday.... another well done image.
    -rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BBBold: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I got Jan's card in the post on Saturday. There's a lot of motion in this card. The translucence of the Turkish flag makes it seem as though it is fading away. Well done, Jan.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

OMU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After returning from a week on holyday in Italy I found tree cards in the mail box:
    - Husavik, Island. A lovely color photo from ceispunid
    - Morris and raindrops from Sly, and a photo from
    - Schloss Bruchsal from Rüdriger

Thanks to all of you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine went in the mail today, so depending on the route travelled, you can expect to receive my card between tomorrow and 2069.

(Remember those stories in the paper every now and then? "Postcard delivered after 60 years." )

shuttr.net

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin