Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,904   Posts: 1,584,573   Online: 1050

Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 121617181920212223242526272832 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    Mine went in the mail today, so depending on the route travelled, you can expect to receive my card between tomorrow and 2069.

(Remember those stories in the paper every now and then? "Postcard delivered after 60 years." )
    I look forward to receiving a valuable antique photograph!

cheers
    Pete

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    I look forward to receiving a valuable antique photograph!
    Maybe I should have posted them 60 years ago...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Few cards came last week.
    Rudiger Really impressive pin hole image and I'm buying expensive lenses
    Boyd with and image full of texture and nice tones.
    crispinuk Husavik Iceland at first I looked at the image upside down it almost works just the yellow boat throw's it off.Certainly color works in this case
    Morris by L.Sly Nice symmetrical image with great reflection. Me like this one. Well done.
    Keep them coming

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Moth by Mike C-that is indeed one cool looking moth, but the brown tone still suits it very well.

Disney World by Unknown-long live the darkroom!

Victoria Falls by Mike Wilde-interesting history, and has the look and feel of a C19 print to it as well.

Dos Cabezas by Bennett-a subtle blend of patterns and colours-good bokeh too.

Zion National park by Cara-trees as people-reminds me of some of Ray Metzker's landscapes.

Cheers!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post

(Remember those stories in the paper every now and then? "Postcard delivered after 60 years." )
    Best I had was 18 months from Cuba to Ireland, my friends thought I'd gone back there for a second time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got Mick Fagan's card this morning,Mick you've really nailed the flesh tones, hair,sweater and contrast on this card,also nice tight crop. Very nice expression , thanks.

Mike Clark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, that was very fast. I posted the cards on Monday evening my time, it looks as though you received the card on Wednesday evening my time.

Actually the film and developer combination really do most of the work, I just press the shutter.

Having a cutie as a subject also helps, although she is turning into a bit of a bossy boots as she hits her mid life crisis, as a 3½ year old!

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HaHa Mick, with an expression like on the post card I was thinking she could rule the roast (barn yard),a very cute child.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two more cards arrived yesterday:
    • Mick Fagan's - Hannah
    • Crispinuk's - Husavik, Iceland

Crispin I was very interested in your card - have you had that particular image made into actual printed postcards?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ozphoto View Post
    Two more cards arrived yesterday:
    • Mick Fagan's - Hannah
    • Crispinuk's - Husavik, Iceland

Crispin I was very interested in your card - have you had that particular image made into actual printed postcards?
    Hello Nanette, yes, I got them printed by an on-line photo printing service, the type where you scan the film and upload the file to them (www.photobox.co.uk). For some bizarre reason they supplied each postcard with an envelope, so expect to see a pack of 50 A5 envelopes on an on-line auction site in the near future

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin