Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,973   Online: 754

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 131718192021222324252627282933 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nanette, I was interested in the make up of the colour print from Crispin.

First I checked it out under a loupe, it looked like a normal four colour separation screened ruling print, which was interesting.

I then pulled out a screen ruling tester, which is something I haven't used in about 25 years. The screen rulings are 175 lines per inch (LPI), which is quite fine, normal good magazine reproduction is 150 LPI.

Mick.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Received two more this week
    Little Angel from Mark Rewald
    Husavik Iceland from Crispin Summers

Nice work.

-rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One more this week

Rudiger's Schloss Bruchsal

Hmmm, now having a 5x4 pinhole camera has tweeked my interest......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Howdy,

Two more for me this week, Crispin's Husavik and Rudigers Schloss Bruchsal.

Crispin, glad you waited till the Fog got burn't off. Nice shot!
    Rudiger, this has me intrigued. I have never really experienced Pin hole work before, until this exchange. Interesting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Three more this week
    Jacco's harmonious shades of blue from the textile museum,
    Horns and thorns from Pat Parker - it looks like an uncomfortable shot to get!
    Little angel from Mark Rewald has great textures

cheers
    Pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ... and today Mick Fagan's niece arrived. It's nice to see another portrait from you, Mick. I think you have a distinctive portrait style in the composition and the tonality used for the print, which we've seen in previous rounds too.

cheers
    Pete

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    So, times have been a little bit busy for me the last weeks. Now I sit in front of my computer, a cup of tea next to me on the right and a pile of postcards on my left. I went through that pile already several times and I think that I received many great cards so far. As I promised, here are some comments on this rounds postcards.

Before I start - my daughter sent out her postcards yesterday, they should arrive soon in your mailbox. She also likes to say thank you for the wonderful postcards she received. Some of you have realized, that two postcards go to the same address and decided to send two different cards. It makes me think about myself because she almost always gets the nicer cards - not that I think the cards sent to me are not nice

Now, let me go through this loooooooong list in no specific order:

ozphoto - a very graphic and contrasty IR shot of a tree. Very nice, I like it.
    mckenna - a longhorn, curious about how that looked, you in the grass next to the longhorn. Nice play with fore- and background.
    markrewald - I like your little angel. Almost looks like wearing a mask.
    sly - A detail of a Morris. This looks very good. Well captured and well printed. You reached my contrast comfort zone
    labcoat - A postcard full of details of Cathedral House Hotel. Very nice tonality and very well printed. I never got warm with the Deltas, but you have it under control.
    crispinuk - one of the rare color postcards. This is a nice one, full of great reflections. I like this kind of saturated colors.
    kwhitmore - Rossbrook House. One of the postcards which made me smile. I like it. Interesting that it is still called house ...
    BlackDog - I got it together with the print from the APUG print exchange. But would it have been alone in the mailbox, I would have known this is a "BlackDog-postcard". Thank you Jake.
    tocalosh - Appleby Horse Fair. Yeah this is a great one. Very dynamic.
    Christopher Walrath - Odd Fellows Cemetery. I like it. It has a point.
    PhotoGys - Very moody. I think it transports atmosphere very well. Good print, I like it.
    Mike Wilde - You captured the movement of the water very well. Good.
    bwakel - Your experimental IR morning works very well for me. Thanks you.
    rmann - White Door, Hurley Barn, I had to check twice that it is not the door of Rossbrook House I like this kind of images.
    paul_c - Daimler SP250. I tried some time to find you in the reflections. But without success. Anyway, great contrast and I like the composition.
    mooseontheloose - Paris. Your position must have been next to the bench where I took a rest when visiting Paris last year. Unfortunately I was not able to take such an intriguing photograph at that spot. This is one of the photographs of this round which I come back to again and again and ...
    MattKing - Walkway. I like the composition - what will be at the end of the walkway. Nice.
    Pete H - I like this one, a great combination of sharp detail in the rocks and movement in the water ... and the contrast
    Anke Drewitz - a good demonstration of how paper tone adds to the subject. Thanks.
    johnnywalker - Abandoned farmhouse. I like the composition. The upright format fits very well.
    Buster6x6 - Must have been drunk.This is a funny one and I like how you printed it. Thanks.
    hoffy - It's Free! A very nice central composition and very well printed. Nice tonality.
    Fleath - Child running in an art gallery. I like this play of light and shadow and the movement. One of my favorites.
    aluk - one to take a walk in the image. Thanks.
    drpsilver - Portal Bodie. Another door of abandoned house. That seems to be a theme of the current exchange, but I like them all. Thanks.
    Wolfgang Moersch - Walking the Dog and Holga. Wow, what a glow in the foliage. Great print. Also thanks for the beautiful print you sent to Judith, she likes it very much. Well, me too.
    lorirfrommontana - Signs. This is also a funny one. I like it.
    Gennari - Turkish flag. Very atmospheric. I like this one very much.
    OMU - Mooring pole. Very quiet. I like these kind of images.
    bpaties - Sandscape - Woodgate. Ahhhh nice.
    Rlibersky - Kodak darkroom. Very nice, I like it.
    mike c - Wow, what great texture. The toning work very well for this. This was one of the first images arriving at my door and it is just great.

I also want to thank everyone who commented my postcards, thank you for the kind words.

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am sorry I'm late again but I'm at the darkroom right now and I am printing my postcards... Will post when I send them in the mail. I have recieved some awesome postcards recently and when I have some time i will post some comments..

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    There arrived four more postcards:

Mick Fagan - a beautiful portrait of his niece. As ever, you got it right.
    kraker - as Pete already mentioned very harmonic shades of blue. I like it.
    Roger Bulcock - a very moody shot of small boats in the fog. Like it.
    jst - my daugter sent, well, what I already knew. I am pretty happy with her choice.

Cheers
    Rüdiger

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Last two arrived:

markrewald "Little Angel" - Like the weathered texture of the statue and the relative shallow depth of field works well.

mckenna "Horns & Thorns" - Has an almost IR look to it. Dry grass and noon sun perhaps.

My first postcard exchange, and the anticipation of awaiting for the arrival of the postman has got me hooked - The range of subject matter and styles has got me fired up for the next round.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin