Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,515   Posts: 1,572,070   Online: 1181

Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 151920212223242526272829303135 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another card today,from Rob S. "Man in the Wuxi Market". The picture is pretty self descriptive and full of information,the man looks happy to have his picture taken,really great photograph of Market place activity in that area of the world.

Mike

OMU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The card from Rob S. arrived at my postbox as vel. A sharp photo with a great tonality range. Thanks.

A few days ago I also got the card from Roger Bulcock. I love mist and to photograph in the mist. Your photo is great and the and inspiring for my own work. Thanks for sharing.

Regards OM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    11 Aug 2009

Just got back from two weeks in Maine and Nova Scotia. Shot 5 rolls of TX and 4 rolls of Provia 100F slide film. Now I need to get into the darkroom to do some processing.

I came home and found that the postal service had delivered a nice stack of nice cards from this group. I have yet to look at each of them in detail. I will comment on them when things "get back to normal" (i.e. less crazy).

Traveling is nice, but it is nice to be home.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too got Rob's card today.
    Seems like only yesterday I was seeing a similar view in China as well. Great shot; captures those markets perfectly!

Looking forward to the last 8 on my list - hopefully before I move at the end of the month.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I got Rob's card yesterday. And I promptly spent 45 minutes viewing it under an 8x loupe. Wow. It took me ten minutes to see the man standing in the background in the upper left corner of the print. It is a very deep photograph. Now I gotta find something REALLY good for R18. I sent out 32. I've gotten 23. Nine to go. Keep'em coming. I love this.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To start off: a big thanks to those who commented on my card.

Cards received since my last update:
    markrewald: little angel. Absolutely lovely. Well-executed, a great print.
    Black Dog: bunkers. At first I wasn't really sure which way was up, but I've figured it out.
    Mick Fagan: niece. Very nice portrait.
    Rob Skeoch: man in the Wuxi Market; wow, wow and wow. At first it seems "just" a great shot of the man, who seems to enjoy having his picture taken. But the longer I look, the more I see. There's a lot happening, it's a shot with a lot of detail.

Thanks, all.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have received another 4 cards in the post:

Mark Rewald's "Little Angel" - old cemetries make for some great images;
    Jake Williams' Bunkers - always enjoy shooting these kinds of subjects myself;
    Roger Bulcock's "Ferry" - haven't seen a foggy morning in ages!
    and one that was unsigned from Canada of a Scrabble board - "Crazy".

Only 6 cards left for the round.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ozphoto View Post
    and one that was unsigned from Canada of a Scrabble board - "Crazy".
    I believe I filed that one under "Round 16" (must have received it some time ago). Still no idea who it came from, though... Too bad, because I think it's a nice shot!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Could be from round 16, except that I marked off when I received each postcard, and none of the outstanding ones are Canadian.
    I only have one from Canada outstanding this round, and that was from Marek Warunkiewicz; on your list too?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll check it this evening (local time).

shuttr.net

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin