Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,728   Online: 988

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1620212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm actually sending out my cards tomorrow. Haha. Sorry for the long delay.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've received 38 fantastic shots this round so far. They are all inspiring! 12 left to go and I can't wait to see them all! This has been a great summer but so busy. Glad I got my cards done early! My girls will both be in the next round but we will probably do smaller sets! -Lori

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    3 cards came while I was away last week:

Charlotte's Happy Guy - great fun!
    Eric Mah's Rock n Roll Girl - so you weren't watching the band?
    Rob Skeoch's Man in the Wuxi Market - a wealth of great detail.

Thanks all!

Pete

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    After my holiday I found a lot of postcards on my doormat, and in the past few weeks a received some more as well. It's been busy these last weeks so thats why I'am just responding right now.

The cards that I received are from:
    Rob Skeoch: market picture in China, real nice shot, fine print as well just hthe way we a;; want to make them.
    Mark Rewald: Nice portrait of little angel,worn through time.
    Lilian Sly: totaly symmetrical shiny oldtimer, I could have taken a picture likewise. Btw thanks for your comments on the picture I send.
    Alex Bishop-Thorpe: a real fantasy picture of running child. Like it very much.
    Ruediger Stobbe: pinhole of Schloss Bruchsall, I should try pinhole in the future.
    Greg Dejanovic: just a simple house captured in such nice shot.
    Katherine Whitmore: just showing how to make a nice composition of a laundromat. I would have past by seeing nothing in it.
    Sam Sharp: wonderfull action capture with a nice centre sharpness.
    Chrispin Summers: the first color shot of a harbor scene that captures my eye for long time.
    Mick Fagan: very nice portrait of his niece. She keeps you focussed. Btw my picture was taken early march so at the end of our winter season as you have noticed.
    ROger Bulcock: fog scene of harbour, boats and bird make you look in the far distance inside the photo, very nice.
    Jake Williams: I like this picture because of subject, composition and print.

Well folks thats it so far, looking forward receiving my last 8 postcards.

Guus
    Fotografen zien veel meer in hun leven

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well I had every intention of sending out my cards well before the deadline, and had actually printed them some time ago. The problem was that I just wasn't happy with the print, the subject yes, but not one of my best negs and certainly not my best jobs in the darkroom.

So last Sunday I went back, this time with my 4x5 and re-shot the subject, which was sitting right were I had left it. Light was great, talked to some nice people who wanted to know why I wasn't photographing the pretty beach and got the shot. Then went straight to the darkroom and processed the film. Printed the next day and tonight I just finished toning the prints.

So things are looking up, 62 post cards sitting on drying screens. Who knows at this rate they will post by the weekend. I would also like to thank everyone for their patience and for all the great cards I have received. So nice to be excited about checking the mail box.

Roger

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well I finally got my postcards finished and in the mail on Thursday. This is my first big project after getting my darkroom back together so I hope everyone likes them!

Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Card from Tim Grey, a very good picture of a statue in a unusual situation. I wonder how long she's been hanging around there playing the fiddle.

Mike C.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    24 Aug 2009

To All:

Now that visiting cousins are gone, the parties are over, and the film is processed (but unfortunately not printed) I now have a chance to comment on the cards that I found in my mailbox when I got home from vacation. My comments are as follows in no particular order.

DrZish: The little light draws one into the is print. All the dark tones give a sense of mystery.
    Sly: I like the perspective. These are the cars that made an industry great.
    OMU: Very will done. I like how you "broke the rules" by placing the horizon in the middle of the print. It lends balance tot eh photo.
    Anke Drewitz: I really like the tones you captured. The cream paper base adds that "old photo" feeling to the print. It is unfortunate that the post office added a "distressed" look to your card.
    Bpaties: This beach looks very inviting. Someday I might make it to Australia.
    Tocalosh: Good stop action photo. This looks like a sport that "takes guts"
    Gennari: I like the composition that includes both flags.
    KWhitmore: Nice photo. The door invites you into this photo. Looks like there are lots of possibilities to photograph here.
    Crispinuk: Wow, color! The reflections are nice, but the small boat that is set apart really completes the photo.
    MarkRewald: Nice tones and textures. What stories this "little Ange" could tell.
    Mckenna: Patience pays off sometimes. Well done.
    Charlotte: Nice to see some joy portrayed "on the wall". This photo has a very joyful feeling to it. Thanks.
    Labcoat: Very nice tones and detail. Alas, this seems to be the fate of most local banks.
    Mick Fagan: I really like this portrait. Very sharp where it needs to be, but with shallow DOF to give the photo dimensionality. Nicely done.
    Eric Mac: Nice message, and lots of stories in this photo.
    Roger Bulcock: Very nice. I like how you captures the bird "looking over" the boats.
    Rob Skeoch: This photo captures the joy this mans has for his produce. Even though it is hard work, he seems satisfied. Very well done.
    Wayne Frederick: Nice print. It must have been fun to photograph this steam boiler. Whether it be oil or gold these old towns are fantastic places to photograph.
    Kraker: Wow, another color photo. I really like the colors you selected to photograph. This photo makes me ask what is going on in the rest of the room. Well photographed.
    Rst: I like to perspective of this "gate guard". Looking up at him look bigger than he probably is. Too bad the original Schloss Bruchsal was destroyed.
    Black Dog: Nice photo. I like the detail you capture in the wall and grasses. very well done. Simple, but elegant.

Thank you to all for such wonderful images, and the joy of seeing other peoples work and vision.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Could someone please post the address for Simon Galley at Ilford. I thought it had been posted already but I can't find it anywhere.
    Thanks, Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rtbadman View Post
    Could someone please post the address for Simon Galley at Ilford. I thought it had been posted already but I can't find it anywhere.
    Thanks, Roger
    Here is the post which includes Simon's address and Sean's as well.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/...tml#post757280

Mary Jane Hellyar has retired - does anyone know of an alternate at Kodak who'd appreciate receiving the cards I and others were sending her way?

Matt

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin