Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,755   Posts: 1,515,981   Online: 901

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1923242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My postcards went out in the morning mail yesterday so they should be in your mailbox in the next week - it's up to Canada Post now

Gord

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just got it today Gord. Awesome shot. I've gotten 42 back (out of 50) and am very pleased with the exchange! What fun!
    -Lori

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have one from Roger here too. Nice textures. Its a shame that one of the postal systems has taken a couple of gouges out, but thats half the fun of the postcard exchange, right?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'm getting caught up with my postings... I've received these postcards over the past few weeks.... thanks everyone.
    Jacco, the shot of the "Blues" playing in the Textile museum works very well.
    Pat's shot of the Longhorn is great and the fact that he laid in the grass so long to get it adds to the "story"
    Roger's shot of the fog on the Isle of Wight ferry brings back a few memories.
    Black Dogs christmas decorations has a very nice feel to it.... and it was so much work to write out that long quote for everyone.
    Rock and Roll Girl from the Tinted Windows concert in Chicago... nice to see that you took the photo, printed and mailed it out all during the timeframe of the "Postcard Exchange". That's what I did as well .... it adds to the fun but also to the workload. It must be a rangefinder thing.
    Jutith's shot of Heiliggeistkirche (I'm glad I don't live on a street named that)... yes the man peeking around the pillar makes the shot.
    Tony.... that shot from Shades State Park is beautiful.
    Tim Gray's shot of the creepy statue... another rangefinder shooter who shot, printed and shipped within the time period... good on ya. I'm seeing a trend here.... rangefinder shooters are faster printers. LOL
    Roger, I really like the look of "Handle Your Trash" .... well done
    Charlotte's picture of the Happy Guys is very cute and brought a smile.
    Gord, that's a nice shots of Moraine Lake... which is one of my favorite spots.

Great work everyone.... keep em coming.

-rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Rob and all the others who have commented on my postcard.

Two more received since my last update:
    Tim Gray: A creepy setup indeed. Nice shot and amazing paper, I had never heard of its existence. And then again, even if I had: seeing is believing. It really works for this subject, makes it less creepy.
    Roger (I had to go through my list a few times, but I guess you're rtbadman. Only a first name is confusing because it's hardly a unique key. The location is the way to solve the puzzle. But enough about that already!): Lovely detail of a trashcan handle, nice textures.

Thanks. I've received 18 out of 25 so far, so I hope there are 7 still to arrive. I'll wait and see!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roger's trash handle has arrived here. Good textures and the toning works well.
    GordRob's Canoes in Banff Park also came. Wow, I want to go there! Thanks for the comment too, Gord. The secret to a sharp pinhole image is in the hole - perfectly circular with no burrs, and having the right diameter for a given focal length.

cheers
    Pete

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    Roger (I had to go through my list a few times, but I guess you're rtbadman. Only a first name is confusing because it's hardly a unique key. The location is the way to solve the puzzle. But enough about that already!): Lovely detail of a trashcan handle, nice textures.
    Glad you figured it out, next time I'll put my user name on my card. Yeah, I always mail my self a card and it got munched a little. The piece was still hanging on so I was able to tape it from behind.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Roger's "Handle Your Trash" arrived this week - nicely toned print with interesting textures - great job
    Gord

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I also received Roger's "Handle Your Trash" print this week. I fully agree on the comments of gordrob concerning this nice picture.

Guus
    Fotografen zien veel meer in hun leven

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A long post (but then again, I've been gone a long time)

Well, the postcards are finally in! I’ve been looking forward all summer to receiving postcards from this round, and now that I’m back in Canada I’ve finally received most of them, and can now comment on them:

I really like the two beautiful portraits of Hannah, by Mick Fagan, and of Maisie, by Black Dog.

There’s great motion blur in the panning shot by Tocalosh, the handheld shots by Jan Kroeber and Fleath.

A great street scene by Rob Skeoch captures a lot of detail. Rock’n’Roll Girl by Eric Mah, and the silhouetted figure in Hoffy’s postcards also capture a nice sense of place.

Two colour cards this round, and not from Art! Love the “blues” in the textile museum from Kraker and the mirror reflection of the boats in the harbour by crispinuk.

A really beautiful infrared tree by Wolfgang Moersch has inspired me to really work with Efke IR820 now that my supply of HIE is almost at an end. I also like the stark contrasts in ozphoto’s HIE shot, and the glum moodiness of Bwakel’s bluebell woods and Dr. Zish’s ravine in Shades State Park.

Mike Wilde’s image of Victoria Falls in the Muskoka area and Guus IJzereef’s gentle Haaksbergerveen provide nice contrasts to each other.

Omu’s “Mooring pole” is a little reminiscent of Kenna’s minimalist work, and I like the fact that it took me a while to figure out which way was up. Roger Bulcock’s foggy ferry morning definitely captures the cold dampness and muted sounds that must have been present that day. I also think this image would look great in lith.

Somehow, looking at Boyd’s Woodgate Beach makes me feel the warm sand between my toes and the sun on my face. I can almost hear the birds singing and the leaves rustling in Matt King’s “walkway”, and makes me want to explore this beautiful province even more.

A lot of house (or parts thereof) pictures this round! johnnywalker’s abandoned farmhouse and Anke’s Blackhouse Village are two subjects that I enjoy shooting (and looking at) very much (that is, derelict buildings and reconstructed historical buildings). Buster 6x6’s “Must have been drunk” reminds me a lot of our basement my father ‘renovated’ back when we lived in Calgary. Ruediger’s Schloss Bruchsal looks amazing for a pinhole image, and also reminds me of all the great buildings that used to surround me when I lived in France. Four doorways tell four different stories: Rlibersky’s Kodak Darkroom looks like it might have some interesting stories to tell, kwhitmore’s Rossbrook House reminds me a lot of where I used to grow up in the Interlake of Manitoba, Rmann’s White Door – Hurley Barn has a lot of great tones from the old wood, and drpsilver’s “Portal, Bodie” looks just like you just might enter some kind of other world if you go through the doorway.

Cars, cars, and ….steamboiler? Can’t say I’ve ever seen one of those before! Interesting shot Wayne. Great classic car shots by Sly and Paul C. The raindrops on the Morris and the absolute shine on the Daimler really make those pictures sing.

Another favorite subject of mine is of graveyards and statues. Christopher Walrath’s headstone and Mark Rewald’s “Little Angel” are both a little creepy. Aluk’s “three bares park”, on the otherhand, is just fun. Similarly, I like the quirkiness of Charlotte Seekamp’s “The Happy Guy”.

Another interesting pinhole shot from Pete H. I like the edge distortion a lot in this photo. Pat Parker’s “horns and thorns” really makes me feel the pain that must have been there in those bushes!

Finally, Mike Clark’s moth looks absolutely wonderful, and is definitely one of my favorites of this round. It may have looked great in colour, but it is stunning in black and white!

Thanks to everyone for their lovely comments about my card. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to live up to that standard in the next round! Still looking forward to about 10 more cards from this round though. For those of you who are late, please PM me for my current address before you send them out – they’ll get to me in a much more direct route.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin