Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,466   Online: 968

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rtbadman View Post
    I'm still short about 8 cards. I still make a B-line to the mail box when I arrive home each evening, hoping for some more cards.
    Roger
    Roger, Have you received the card I sent you,If not I'll send another.

Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Moth, nicely toned right. Got it, Thanks,
    Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon King View Post
    Lack of a summer?? Am I seeing a correlation between lack of summer, and postcard production? Of course.. there is this: http://xkcd.com/552/, but I'm quite willing to rationalize this lack of summer theory
    24 Sept 2009

Jonathan:

My summer also went by very quickly. I did however got a vacation to Nova Scotia for a week. Thanks for introducing me to <xkcd.com>. It is a really cool site. I like it a lot. About two years ago a colleague sent me a comic from this site about the difference between "regular people" and "scientists". I found it to be really true. Thanks again.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I really enjoy this exchange, and I would like to comment on all the cards that I have received so far.

sly-(Hood of a Morris Car) This photo has a slightly menacing feel; the reflection of the landscape in the center of the hood looks a little like a large, wet mouth. Great tonality, nice wet look.
    crispinuk-(Harbor, Early Morning) The glass-like stillness of the water is wonderful. The yellow boat and line in the foreground adds greatly to the composition.
    Wolfgang Moersch-(Infrared Tree) This photo has a warm feel, despite the black sky. The pattern of the edge of the cloud upper right matches the outline of the tree so closely that it seems they just separated, or are just about to connect.
    Black Dog-(Floor Lamp and Christmas Lights) I keep coming back to this one. The floor lamp has a cozy feel, but outside the window are these disturbing lights; are they friendly or not?
    Fleath-(Child Running) This photo has me wondering what will happen next. The feeling of motion is convincing.
    markrewald(Angel Statue) The statue has a patina of age and weather exposure which suggests neglect, but the angel’s facial features are intact enough to be reassuring, and maybe even hopeful. The light coming from the upper left resembles a halo.
    Roger Bulcock-(Boats in Fog) An excellent mysterious fog photo. The boats in a line could be going somewhere or could be moored, who knows? The bird overhead is going to find out. And what is that in the left background?
    Mick Fagan-(Portrait of his Young Niece) A wonderful portrait. Excellent tonality and sharpness; the background does not distract. Your niece has a mildly annoyed and yet cute and interested look on her face.
    mooseontheloose-(Infrared Soccer Landscape) A very interesting shot! The infrared adds an air of unreality, but what really gets me is the boy about to kick the ball and more importantly his and the ball’s shadow on the ground. This absurd shadow shape, with the glowing ball hovering over it, really makes the picture. Even the building becomes a (large) spectator to the event.
    tocalosh-(Horse Fair) Wonderful action shot! There is a lot to look at in this photo, and I keep coming back to it. The blurry spectators, wisps of light in the trees, horse moving everywhere, and the driver with an intense look on his face and the sole of his shoe in perfect sharp focus-how did you do that?
    drpsilver-(Ruins of a Bank) A nice shot of a mysterious doorway; are we inside the bank or outside? I love to visit ghost towns; there is this feeling of sadness mixed with nostalgia, and wondering what the place was like in the good old days.
    Pete H.-(Rocks and Water Cliché) I love this kind of shot-I have taken many myself. Maybe it is the way you printed it dark, but the “rocks and water” in this shot come closer to looking edible than any other I have seen.
    lorirfrommontana-(Yellowstone River) When I think of the Yellowstone, I think of a huge waterfall in an immense canyon. This photo shows a much different aspect of the river-I can feel the soggy wetness. The overarching tree is nice.
    rtbadman-(Trash Can Handle) Nice sharp, well printed and toned shot. When I look at this, I can feel myself holding a trash can, carrying it from here to there. I hear the sound the handle makes when you let go of it.
    Tim Gray-(Creepy Statue) Yes, this is a really creepy shot. The paper is wonderful, however. Metallic glitter gives the impression that the statue’s wardrobe is made of tinfoil.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just throwing it out there. I have not heard from anybody and if this is not the case then, of course I do not need to. If anyone did not receive a card from me who sent one to me, all you need to do is PM me.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Just throwing it out there. I have not heard from anybody and if this is not the case then, of course I do not need to. If anyone did not receive a card from me who sent one to me, all you need to do is PM me.
    Same here, I still have a few cards printed and ready to go.
    Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rtbadman View Post
    Same here, I still have a few cards printed and ready to go.
    Roger
    Yah!! me three!!!

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received one more:
    Roger Bulcock, a very foggy morning indeed. Thanks!

With round 18 now started, I'm still six cards short for round 17. I have read in this thread that Allen and John are working on their cards. I know Kate is working on hers as well. Haven't heard, read or received anything from bdial, Marek and Síle.

By the way, if anybody who should have received my card hasn't: let me know, I have a few spare prints.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Still coming some pictures short from round 17

Hello everyone,

with the three postcards of Allen Friday, Barry Dial and Jon King coming up, looking forward receiving them, I'am still short on the pictures from Marek Warunkiewicz and Sheila Jakson.
    Actually not bad receiving at least 23 out of 25!

Hopefully they'll send them in the near future.

I skip round 18, but intend to participate for round 19.

Guus
    Fotografen zien veel meer in hun leven

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Three more postcards received:

Canoes at Moraine Lake by Gordrob -- lovely tones Gord, on what I assume is a beautiful location. I was in Banff this past weekend but the road to Moraine Lake was closed. I supposed I could have walked it, but I wasn't prepared (clothing-wise) for the -20 C temperatures we had there over the past few days. Thanks also for the lovely comments about my card.

The creepy statue by Tim Gray. I really like the statue Tim, and the way you shot it does give it a slightly off-key air about it. I probably could waste a roll or two shooting it myself! Love the Endura paper it was printed on -- it gives it really cool metallic look.

And last, but not least: "Handle your trash" by Roger. I like the weathered texture a lot, and it has a beautiful colour from the toning. I think I would have liked to see a little more of the door around the handle, but that's just me.

Like many others, I'm a few short this round (but who isn't? I've never received the full number of postcards back that I've sent out in any round), but having been a bit late myself in an earlier exchange, I'm more than willing to wait.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin