Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,249   Online: 786

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 222627282930313233343536 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Only 4 outstanding for me this round; as always, excellent images from all over the world!

• Shiela Jackson
    • Allen Friday
    • Barry Dial
    • Jon King

Looking forward to seeing the selection I receive in Round 18!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    Three more postcards received:

Canoes at Moraine Lake by Gordrob -- lovely tones Gord, on what I assume is a beautiful location. I was in Banff this past weekend but the road to Moraine Lake was closed. I supposed I could have walked it, but I wasn't prepared (clothing-wise) for the -20 C temperatures we had there over the past few days. Thanks also for the lovely comments about my card.
    It's quite a hike from where they close the road to the lake - about 7 miles and quite a hike in elevation. Best time to visit the area is in June in the early morning or late afternoon - good chance of seeing grizzly and black bears on the road as well as hoary marmots. During the day the place is over run by tourists.

Gord

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    Three more postcards received:

And last, but not least: "Handle your trash" by Roger. I like the weathered texture a lot, and it has a beautiful colour from the toning. I think I would have liked to see a little more of the door around the handle, but that's just me.
    There is actually more image around the handle, but I with the 150mm lens and the 4x5 negative and with everything maxed out on the enlarger I barely got the handle in. That was after cutting the borders on the print down to the bare minimum. I'm now looking for a longer enlarging lens, maybe a 240 or 300 just for doing postcards. Thanks for the feedback as that was my thought too.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry I'm so late....Mine are still coming.... don't worry it will be worth it!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you all for taking the time to create the set of images that have been sent to me. I know that I have been very slack in not expressing my reaction to the wonderful set of cards from this round, but here goes:
    aluk Nicely printed fountain at McGill's … note to self: learn how to borderless print cause it looks great here
    Anke Drewitz Shot of the bladehouse showing great texture and detail
    Black Dog The range of tones in Bunker 9 makes for a compelling image
    Buster6X6 Tack sharp and perfect exposure make it feel like the crazy brick wall is built into the card
    crispinuk If there is an image that is defined by the colour, Husavik is it … but I keep looking at it up side down …
    drpsilver Doorway to old bank - great detail captured long after the building has crumbled
    DrZish Shades State Park is a wonderful low key shot that captures the light perfectly
    Fleath Innocent subject of child given almost sinister feel with dark tones and blur
    gordrob The mass of the collection of canoes in the foreground foils the mass of the mountains behind
    lorirfrommontana Beautifully composed and interesting sign
    markrewald Little Angel has been treated beautifully, which is set of nicely by the interesting border
    Mick Fagan Hannah … wow … they eyes just draw me in
    Mike Wilde Great vista of falls and trees from old logging area
    mooseontheloose Stunning IR shot of Sacre Coeur with kids playing soccer in foreground
    Pete H Rocks and water might be a cliché, but it is beautifully done with great tone
    Rob Skeoch Man in the Wuxi Market has too much detail to describe - fabulously engaging
    Roger Bulcock Misty boats with bird captures a great moody subject
    rst Schloss Bruchsal - I am amazed each time I look at this image that it was done through a pinhole
    rtbadman You're right, Roger, Handle your Trash has excellent detail and the toning is perfectly subtle
    sly Great low-key shot … and of the same model as Mick Fagan's "Morrie" from round #16
    Tim Gray The subject is a bit creepy, but the print and the metalic paper is the bomb
    tocalosh Wonderful use of blur and framing to give a sense of action at the horse fair
    Wolfgang Moersch Interesting tree and sky shot with IR film

Like others, my set is incomplete, with seven cards to come.
    boyd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been remiss in respect of comments for Postcard Exchange 17!

Previously I have received, enjoyed and commented upon cards from 8 APUGers (mooseontheloose, Black Dog, Christopher Walrath, drpsilver, lorirfrommontana, MattKing, Pete H, Wolfgang Moersch).

The most recent arrivals are from:

Buster6X6 - “Must have been drunk” - a really interesting approach to “creative” construction - do you think Mike Holmes would approve ? - nicely printed too
    crispinuk - “Husavik, Iceland” - a beautiful colour image, showing one of my favorite types of scenes
    Fleath - “Running Child - Gallery 139” - child as a running blur - it makes me smile
    markrewald - “Little Angel” - a beautiful/almost sad vignette and a very nice print
    Mick Fagan - “Hannah” - a beautiful portrait of a beautiful young niece - I love the tones in the print - thanks for the kind comments as well, Mick
    Rob Skeoch - “Man in the Wuxi Market” - a fascinating image full of intriguing detail - nice print too!
    Roger Bulcock - "foggy from the ferry" - your card reminds us that a narrow range of tones can be powerful too
    rst - "Schloss Bruchsal Pinhole - Window bars" - one of those images that looks great right side up, sideways and upside down too
    rtbadman - "Handle Your Trash" - the texture of this reminds me of bromoil
    sly - "Bonnet" - Lillian, the sense of shape and depth is great - thanks for your comment
    Tim Gray - "Violinist" - Tim, you do creepy well - love the Metallic paper
    tocalosh - "Appleby Horse Fair" - love the movement

I look forward to the 5 cards that are yet to come from:

(Allen Friday, bdial, Jon King, syzygy_moi, Síle)

Thanks to everyone for participating.

Matt

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great round-thanks to everyone for your efforts-bring on the next one!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am getting a bit concerned. I have only gotten three cards.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomem View Post
    I am getting a bit concerned. I have only gotten three cards.
    Tommy, this thread is for the round starting in May. We're in Round 18 now.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I need sleep. Ignore me.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin