Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,733   Online: 950

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Howdy all,

I got my first few cards as well. Its rather exciting isn't it!!!
    mooseontheloose (you are popular at the moment). GOAL!! Very interesting shot. I love the total scene. I have never really seen a shot taken and processed in this manor, so its very appealing to me!
    lorirfrommontana Hey! You have some runs on the board! Again, love the scene. Good work!

Now, I have some water settling to the right temp at the moment, two rolls of film to develop and a whole bunch of contact sheets to do, and then hopefully I can find a print! like I said, exciting, isn't it!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Glad you liked my card, Rudy. I got my card from Guus today. It has become a regular thing this week that my family announces upion my arrival that I have another card today and, after having already looked at it, they view it with me together and we talk about where it came from, what it reminds me of.

Something else to look forward to and to do as a family. Something I had not anticipated with the postcard exchange. Thanks again, Rudy, and everyone for this. Oh, and Guus, very simple image, the type I might pass up most days but it accomplished what I try to do in my own photography. Point out the things that, even we more observant types, we pass by without a thought everyday. And for that reason, it is the best one I have gotten thus far.
    Christopher,

thanks for the positive remarks. I myself am also enthousiastic about this photo and only because as you mentioned that it's a everyday scene we just pass by

Guus
    Fotografen zien veel meer in hun leven

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    mike c. I received your card, very nice image, I especially like the rich brown tones you achieved on the Ilford postcard paper. Care to let us in on your process.

Thanks,
    Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I ain't no expert,this was the first time I used Kodak sepia II toner,fallowed by selenium 1/9. I'm happy you liked Roger, could you understand the mumbling I wrote on the back. Ha,Ha I'm such a bad writer.

Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Mike, thanks. And yes I understood the mumbling quite clearly, does that mean I'm fluent in Mumble?

Roger

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just got back from 4H camp. It was a lot of fun. I returned to 6 more cards! A Barn door from Robert Mann. Very cool. A Rocks and Water shot from Pete H. Cool. The awesome soccer shot from mooseontheloose, a car from Paul C, nice. A cool looking moth from Mike C. A beautiful road through a misty field from Guus. All shots were very cool! Thanks everyone. This is going to be a fun collection to display.
    -Lori

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Received another today. A nice shot of beech trees by bwakel. Thanks!

It is so much fun to go to the mail now! I am heading out to go get an album for my postcards.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I'm suffering two-day withdrawl. ;p
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Finally get to send them out. Unfortunately while I was going through them I notice a few had fixer stains. So if your going to keep it you may want to wash them. Certainly don't stack with other you are planning on keeping.

Sorry about that.

Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been away this week, and got home to a whole stack of cards

Rmann's white door. You can't beat large format for tone and detail. Is it a crop or did you use a shrinker instead of an enlarger?
    Lori's signs. That must be a long-lost relative in Montana (Harris 7.8m).
    Barry's bluebell woods. Interesting effect. I keep expecting a Cossack to appear through the woods.
    The cemetery from Christopher Walraith. An optimistic message - life goes on as the tree hides the gravestone.
    Matt King's whimsical wetland walkway. It looks like a good bird watching area too.
    The shot from Guus is a tranquil country lane. To me it evokes the sound of rooks cawing.
    The IR shot of the Sacré Coeur from Rachelle is simply brilliant! The boy and the Basilica create a diagonal tension, the clouds and trees to the upper left add a second diagonal to draw attention to the church, the boy standing on the right forms another diagonal with the near boy, great timing for the kick. Wish I'd taken that shot!

Thanks to all!
    Pete

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin