Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,528   Online: 1051

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lorirfrommontana View Post
    Quick Question! My daughter Jane (13) would like to be in the exchange. Can I just sign her up for 10 cards or does she need to join the group? My oldest (Mary) is planning on joining herself and signing up for the exchange this time also. We are going to have some family darkroom time in the next couple of months!
    Lori
    Lori,

family-darkroom-time sounds like a lot of fun so I do not mind having your daughters in the exchange. How could I. I did so for my daughter Judith (she started in the exchange when she was 10 and decided that she wants to get more mail). Last round was the third time she joined the exchange. It is always her images which she prints herself. I am just around in the darkroom if she runs into a problem. And in addition to that I now have a companion when I grab my camera and go out to take photographs.

Once we had Allen sending two postcards and all members of his group sent a postcard to him and one to his daughter Shannon who lives in New Zealand.

So I am open for everything and I do not assume that somebody minds having your daughters in the exchange even if they are too young to register in APUG.

Cheers
    Rüdiger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lorirfrommontana View Post
    Quick Question! My daughter Jane (13) would like to be in the exchange. Can I just sign her up for 10 cards or does she need to join the group? My oldest (Mary) is planning on joining herself and signing up for the exchange this time also. We are going to have some family darkroom time in the next couple of months!
    Lori
    02 Sept 2009

Lori:

"Family darkroom time", that sounds really cool. I have no problem with your daughters joining this exchange. It will be interesting to see what subjects appeal to them. I look forward to seeing some of their work.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    I'm in for 50!

Edit: how do you allocate people to each other? Do you have an automated way of doing it or are you doing it by hand?

Hoffy: did you end up writing a bit of Perl for the dyxum postcard swap?
    Its 1/4 written, but then the powers to be at work said I should be doing projects for them.......nasty.... I'll have to try to do some hacking at home, possibly this weekend.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    can someone explain what is the way to work with this postcard exchange?
    Are you sending 10x15 printed cards with addresses printed at the back or is there a different way?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BBBold: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Whatever size you wish, Willie. Typically it is a 3.5x5 inch through 5x7 inches print on either normal paper or postcard stock and mailed as it were a tourist postcard. You could send in an envelope if you wish. Whatever you choose. The quantity you sign up for you will receive in return. And since I signed up for the maximum(lately 50 to 60 cards), you would get one from me.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'll be in for 30 again please and thank you!

Kathy

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    ... The quantity you sign up for you will receive in return. And since I signed up for the maximum(lately 50 to 60 cards), you would get one from me.
    Not necessarily Chris. Also the participants who sign up for the max will get as many cards in return as they send out. The max just means that you do not have a limit. Maybe we should have called it unlimited in the first. Only if both of you sign up for the max it is certain that you will end up in each others group.

@Jan: As Chris already described, you can send whatever size your post office accepts as a postcard. I would not recommend using an envelope - it is a postcard exchange, not a letter exchange. That some cards arrive a little bit worn out is part of the exchange. For each round I also collect the card I sent and I send my card to myself just because this is more authentic And sometimes I end up with my card being damaged on that short way. Also you are free of materials you print on, be it RC, fiber or some alternative processes. I received postcards which were photograms, polaroids and even small instax prints. There is only one rule, the origin has to be analog/traditional. Well and there is another rule: Once you signed up and the round has started you will have to fulfill your commitment.

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Put me down for 50 please.

It's great to see new people joining the exchange each round and fantastic that youngsters want to get involved (if you called it an iExchange there'd be loads more )

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    Not necessarily Chris. Also the participants who sign up for the max will get as many cards in return as they send out. The max just means that you do not have a limit. Maybe we should have called it unlimited in the first. Only if both of you sign up for the max it is certain that you will end up in each others group.
    Oh, I misunderstood, Rudy. I just thought since I would be sending a card to everyone that I would be getting one from everyone. My bad. ;p

No, that's fine. I just wanna print and get all kinds of cards again. It's a tradition both at home and at work. I love this. That's why I reignited the Blind Print Exchange yesterday.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    seems like a lot of fun.
    i'm having time problems now, but am interested in the future...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin