Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,997   Posts: 1,524,302   Online: 809

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Hi Pete,

good luck for your move and I hope to have you back in the next round.

All the best
    Rüdiger

Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    Hi Ruediger,

Now I not only have to move house, but also move country. The next 2 months might be rather busy, and I have to pack the darkroom , so it's probably better - despite the addiction - to withdraw from this round.
    I hope that all of you have a good exchange and see you again in round 19.

cheers
    Pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks all of you for the good wishes. I will be watching the gallery to see what gems you are all producing so please post them there!

cheers
    Pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    Thanks all of you for the good wishes. I will be watching the gallery to see what gems you are all producing so please post them there!

cheers
    Pete
    The gallery... good point! I have some catching up to do there, I reckon. :o

Pete, lycka till! Vi ses på nästa exchange.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Hi, here is another update of the list of participants.

Those not already checked for their name - please check it now.

Ben Taylor (MAX)
    Black Dog (MAX)
    bpaties (30)
    bwakel (20)
    c.w. (10)
    Christopher Walrath (MAX)
    crispinuk (50)
    david b (50)
    Dr. Louie (30)
    drpsilver (MAX)
    Eric Mac (MAX)
    hoffy (20)
    Jane Ryan (10)
    jst (15)
    kraker (25)
    KWhitmore (30)
    lorirfrommontana (25)
    markrewald (MAX)
    Mary Ryan (10)
    MattKing (32)
    mckenna (30)
    Mick Fagan (MAX)
    mike c (25)
    Mike Wilde (30)
    mooseontheloose (MAX)
    ozphoto (25)
    polyglot (50)
    Rob Skeoch (MAX)
    rst (MAX)
    rtbadman (MAX)
    rwyoung (25)
    Tim Gray (MAX)
    tocalosh (50)

Where are the Canadians!?!

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    when does this close?

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    when does this close?
    End of September.

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Medium Format

Signing up

Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    September arrived, so it is time to start the next round of the postcard exchange.

Here is the schedule for round 18:

September: sign up
    October and November: print and send
    December: breather

Please sign up by sending a PM to me containing your name, address (including the country - this is an international exchange) and the number of cards you are able to send or say maximum for the maximum possible number of cards. If you have been in the exchange earlier and if your address is the same, you can sing up just with giving the number of cards here in the thread. No PM needed in this case.

As in the last rounds I will post lists of participants in this thread every once in a while. If you signed in (or if you think so) please come back to this thread and check if your name is on the list. If the name should be on the list but is not, then let me know. Once the address lists are sent out early in October I can not do any changes.

Please read on:

Not all participants of the last round have been able to send out the cards. For whatever reasons, if you have not fulfilled your last rounds commitment, send your cards before you sign in for this round. Just be fair.

I am looking forward to this round.

Now for those new to the postcard exchange, here is how it all works out.

First: It is fun!

Second: When sign up is over, I will prepare address lists which I will PM to the participants. You will have to send a card to every address on that list and you should receive back a card from everyone on that list. So if you sign up for e.g. 20 cards you will have to send 20 cards and you should receive 20 cards back.

Third: Did I mention that it is fun?

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Hello, I am writing to sign up. Never done this before, I am VERY curious (I've heard stories of these things ;-)

Do I send you my address in this forum?? Instructions say "Send me a PM." I'm dense, I don't know what a "PM" is.

Thank you,
    Gerhardt Quast
    bikykle_at_gmail_dot_com
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Gerhardt in Portland[/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bikykle View Post
    Hello, I am writing to sign up. Never done this before, I am VERY curious (I've heard stories of these things ;-)

Do I send you my address in this forum?? Instructions say "Send me a PM." I'm dense, I don't know what a "PM" is.

Thank you,
    Gerhardt Quast
    bikykle_at_gmail_dot_com
    Welcome to the exchange, Gerhardt.

"PM" means "Private Message" - this is a facility built into the site to send messages back and forth between members here.

If you want to send your address to Ruediger ("rst") you can click on his username ("rst") beside one of his posts, and a menu will pop up which includes the option to "Send a primate message to rst". Click on that option, and you will be taken to the screen where you compose and send ("Submit message" - at the bottom of the screen) private messages. You will see that his username will already be filled in in the "Recipient" box.

One suggestion - put the name of the exchange ("Postcard Exchange Round 18") in the Subject field. Ruediger gets a lot of PMs.

Depending on how you have your profile set up, you will find that when you get a PM, a notification will pop up on the screen, and you may receive an email as well telling you that you have an APUG PM waiting. You should be sure that your APUG contact email address is current.

You can check your PMs by clicking on the "unread PMs" link at the top right corner of the screen.

I'll try to send you a PM so you can see if and how it works!

Matt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bikykle View Post

Thank you,
    Gerhardt Quast
    bikykle_at_gmail_dot_com
    Welcome to the Exchange. I find it is great fun to get postcards from everyone. These exchanges also motivate me to get out and photograph and then get in and print.

Roger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Ruediger Im recently back from the time zapping exercise of mounting an exhibition, please count me in for this round and for the max.
    Wazza

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin