Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,707   Posts: 1,482,861   Online: 974

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone for your comments!

Roger -- it is just for the week. I've gotten ten cards so far -- but being 5 weeks into an exchange with over 50 participants...well, that seems a little low, a little slower than usual. Maybe it's just me -- it's disappointing when there are no new cards in the mail.

Looking forward to getting your card though (and everyone elses!)
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just got mooseontheloose's card. I have a roll of HIE that i'm terrified to shoot since i know i can't get more and i'm sure i'll muck it up somehow.

Also: You might have convinced me to switch to glossy postcards!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    c.w.,

I don't normally print on glossy RC, but I picked up that box by mistake (!). However, I think it really works with some images.

HIE isn't that hard. I normally just put a red 25 filter on the lens, set the ISO to 320 or 400 (sometimes 200) and meter. It it's something I think will be really good, I'll bracket too. I've noticed that the images I like best usually have water, people, or old buildings (i.e. old wood) in them. If you only have one roll of HIE, there's not much you can do either way, but you might try some other infrared film (I like Efke IR820) and shoot a few rolls with it to get an idea of what kind of images you like with infrared. Then, make a plan for your HIE and go out and shoot it!
    Rachelle

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My cards posted yesterday evening.
    Roger

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I did receive a few this week.
    Brian's 48 Lincoln from the last group. Such a nice shot.
    The contact print of the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist from Paul. It's a very nice shot.
    The HIE shot having a drink from Mooseontheloose... great use of IR.
    Mike's Time Travel shot of the Chicago River, looks great that time of the day.

-rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    Thanks everyone for your comments!

I've gotten ten cards so far -- but being 5 weeks into an exchange with over 50 participants...well, that seems a little low, a little slower than usual. Maybe it's just me -- it's disappointing when there are no new cards in the mail.
    Tell me about it.. I sent out 15 and have gotten 3.

Since I am watching a Monty Python Documentary.. all I can say is...

GET ON WITH IT!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BBBold: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

The rest of mine go out tomorrow, Rudy. That's all of'em.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rachelle your card arrived yesterday - great memories for me from my visit to Kyoto last year. (How did you manage to get the shot with nobody present??) Pity it was for business and not pleasure - no film cameras to be seen in my stable.

I'm looking forward to returning again though - film in hand and no d****** to be seen!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Nanette.

I'm not sure which card I sent you (I did three different cards this round) but I think it was Kinkakuji. Most of my shots there were the result of waiting for the waves of people to pass through, and claim good spots when I could. The most disappointing thing for me for that trip is that I brought six rolls of precious HIE to shoot in Japan, and all but that first roll ended up pretty fogged. Interesting, considering that roll was changed in broad daylight (shaded of course), and the others were changed properly in a changing bag in dim light. (!?!)
    Rachelle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OK, I must admit I am one of those slackers who haven't printed and sent cards yet.......Hopefully this weekend I can get some time in the little black box I call a darkroom!

But, that doesn't mean my Mail box has been empty:

DRPSilver - Barn, Curry Lane - Reminds me of a favourite location of mine. Shame I can't get close enough to get some nice images, as they have fenced it off
    Polyglot - Lesmurdie Falls - William, you keep taking pictures like that, I might just have to think about a 67. Love the nearly surreal feel of the mist and the good detail of the middle rocks
    omu(?) - La Maccina - Always a bit of a sucker for a nice set of wheels!
    mooseontheloose - Kinkakuji - Very nice. When I get just a bit more proficient at what I do, I seriously want to give that kind of work a try

So 4 out of 20 thus far. Now its time to pull ones digit out and have a look at those negs!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin