Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,660   Online: 964

Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718192024 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Got Rachelle's card today. Thanks. You have now reignited my love of Infrared film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My cards have now all been mailed. The ones sent to addresses in the USA were mailed from Washington State yesterday, and I mailed the rest locally today.

Some may be amazed - no rocks or water in this subject, and you can barely see the trees .

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    11 Nov 2009

This week brought 4 more cards. The card from Paul_c took me by surprise. An ancient and not very attractive stone face. I guess that is what demons were designed to do - scare spirits away. Rtbadman sent a card that reminded me of the days I lived in Kansas - farmed and flat. I like how you contrasted the sky and fields. Nicely done! When I found Allen Friday's card in my mail box I said to my self "This is not in Iowa!". Nice story on how this castle came to be in Ireland. (Since I did not send Allen a card in R18, this may be a R17 card.) The card from mooseontheloose from Japan is magical. Rachelle, your HIE images are always a joy to receive and view.

Thanks to all for another week of mailbox joy and surprises.

Regards,
    Darwin
    Last edited by drpsilver; 11-11-2009 at 12:27 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Corrected spelling error

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drpsilver View Post
    An ancient and not very attractive stone face. I guess that is what demons were designed to do - scare spirits away.
    The original (probably) looked like this - Amazing what a few hundred years of weathering will do to Caen stone

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My cards are getting addressed and should get out tomorrow! I do have to print a few more. Mary has some of hers printed and Jane has picked out her negative so the Ryan's should have all our cards out soon! -Lori

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some may be amazed - no rocks or water in this subject, and you can barely see the trees.

Matt -- I'll give you the former, but not the latter.

Nice angle of view on the overpass -- I like the lines leading in and out of the photograph.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the card Matt,like this one seeing how I'm a trucker myself.The arc of the over head ramp is great,really nice composition.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Rachelle for your beautiful "the Golden Pavillon" the infrared works very well with this subject matter.It certainly is a well thought out photograph.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Allen Firday,Allen this photograph is as interesting as the story of the Pirate Queen,the castle is strong and and well placed in the foregroud with the very nice trees in the background,to bad Richard Burke lost her and the Castle in one day.(after a year of course).

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    rtbatman's Navajo Reservation came also while I was gone.Great isolation in a wide endless expanse of flat desolate land,and a well not over done sky adds to the realism of this beatiful scene,its a great one Roger
    Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin