Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,160   Online: 738

Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617181920212226 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Christopher's made my mailbox today. Nice feeling. Really like that kind of thing

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Finally got my postcards off today (after 2 weeks of flattening). It's been great fun to be involved for the first time, and a welcome surprise every now and then arrives with the morning post. Thank you rtbadman, polyglot, drpsilver, Mike wilde, unknown (www.omu.no), and Rachelle, all of whose cards I have enjoyed.
    p.s. Rachelle never having shot infra-red I had a shock when I found out that HIE is so prohibitively expensive now !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Karl -- I know! I don't even want to know what the prices for HIE are now, it might be too tempting to sell off my remaining stock (actually, I never would, but it's better to avoid temptation in the first place!). Actually, I quite like the Efke IR820 film as well, the only problem is that it is much slower than HIE, which precludes any handholding.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Rachelle, did you try the Rollei one ? I ordered two boxes as we are buying a bulk, and it's surprisingly inexpensive (should be 35€ for one box of 50 sheets, after the discount)
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Laurent - not yet. I've been slowly trying to wean myself off the HIE in order to save the last few rolls for something good (!) so I've been working with the Efke and Ilford offerings. I'll probably get some Rollei IR in my next film order and see how that works.
    Rachelle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Christopher -- I received your card today (along with another card by some joker who calls herself moose...). I really like the way you've captured the backlight in the clouds and printed it. Very nice.
    Rachelle

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello everyone. Arrived home from 2 months away to a nice little pile of postcards - some from #17, some from this one.

I've printed a card to send out, but am now completely flummoxed and despairing. I've done address labels for these things before (always with some struggles and cussing, but figured it out eventually) They didn't fit properly on the page last time and had some letters truncated, but they were readable. This time I can't remember how I did it. I can get a sheet of all the same address, but not a sheet with various ones. The stupid "Help" crap is useless. I've got Microsoft Office, Publisher, Excel (which I REALLY hate), and Word on the stupid computer and I just can't get manage. I realize that most 5 year olds could whip out a batch of labels and it makes me feel like a total loser. My handwriting is abysmal, and I get writers cramp easily or I'd just handwrite all 50. I think there were some pointers once upon a time in a postcard thread, but I can't find them. (I've never been very good at using "search " functions either - I get no hits or 4000 hits.)

If anyone can give me some help I'll get these things out the door before Christmas - otherwise, who knows - they might all go up in smoke when I set fire to the computer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt's card arrived yesterday - great view! I love these kinds of images - must be the architectural photographer in me showing.
    Looking forward to more filling my mailbox soon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My cards are printed finally...soon to be labeled and then off to the post. Hopefully I'll have them sent out after the weekend. Great cards so far this round!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sly,I can feel for you I'm in the same situation as you are,the computer can be very frustrating for me.Haven't made labels yet but wanted to try this round,if I can grab one of my daughters or son it could happen,other wise it going back to hand addressing.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin