Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,108   Online: 927

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 71112131415161718192021222327 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If this helps, I had a question about how to get the data into excel which was answered during round 17. I found that that post #10 worked well. Here a link to that page. http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/...-feedback.html

Once in Excel you need to need do a mail merge to get the addresses into Word. My girlfriend does that so I can't help, but I'll see if she can find the instructions and if so I post them. Once the address are in Word I still had to mess with them a little because some of the longer ones didn't fit the labels. It's a bit of a pain but with my hand writing there was no way I would hand address 50+ cards.

Hope this at least gets you closer.

Roger

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BBBold: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Then I must be a glutton for punishment (54 by the pen).
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Me too...

(actually, I don't have a printer at home, so I really have no choice...)
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    18 Nov 2009

A card featuring elements of downtown Butte, Montana arrived from lorifrommontana. I really like the reflection of the buildings across the street. I have one question, "Is there such a thing as a fire proof building?" Well done and thank you for the card.

Regards,
    Darwin

OMU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Hello everyone. Arrived home from 2 months away to a nice little pile of postcards - some from #17, some from this one.

I've printed a card to send out, but am now completely flummoxed and despairing. I've done address labels for these things before (always with some struggles and cussing, but figured it out eventually) They didn't fit properly on the page last time and had some letters truncated, but they were readable. This time I can't remember how I did it. I can get a sheet of all the same address, but not a sheet with various ones. The stupid "Help" crap is useless. I've got Microsoft Office, Publisher, Excel (which I REALLY hate), and Word on the stupid computer and I just can't get manage. I realize that most 5 year olds could whip out a batch of labels and it makes me feel like a total loser. My handwriting is abysmal, and I get writers cramp easily or I'd just handwrite all 50. I think there were some pointers once upon a time in a postcard thread, but I can't find them. (I've never been very good at using "search " functions either - I get no hits or 4000 hits.)

If anyone can give me some help I'll get these things out the door before Christmas - otherwise, who knows - they might all go up in smoke when I set fire to the computer.
    Hi SLY and thanks for your post card round #17,

If you could tell med the name on your labels, and spesely the number, (It's written on the box) I could do the mailmerge for you and send you a word file.
    Not a big deal to mail merge these adresses and I coud try to help you.
    (Sorry for my english :rolleyes: )

Regards
    OM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello fellow Postcard Exchangers.

I had plans to be early this round. Well, as you may have noticed, those plans haven't worked out :rolleyes:. Not sure when I will find the time, but I still plan to send the cards before the end of the year (delayed, but not too late).

I just thought I'd at least post something here to let you all know.

I'll soon comment on the cards I have received so far!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rob, your postcard of the dusty bikes arrived today. Lots of nice flat tires there! The whole lot of them remind me of the bikes I used to ride in Japan -- those baskets are very handy!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Got Fiona's Eye from Karl.

Um, Wow!
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yesterday I got Christopher's sunset - great backlighting and contrast in the clouds. Also got MattKing's Up, Up & Away - very nicely printed and good shadow detail.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Received cards from crispinuk and Rob Skeoch today. Crispin's print is beautifully judged and works on many levels. It looks almost IR and yet uses Delta 3200 which prints nicely at this size with no grain. Rob's print of bicycles in China has a lovely tonality.
    My website: Light Work

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin