Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,897   Posts: 1,584,334   Online: 842

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819202122232428 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received Rob's and Crispin's cards today.

Two more wondeful cards in this exhange, I understand why it's addictive !

Crispin, this 'rest' has been very efficient, I love the mood in your picture, I can almost feel the forest.

Rob, your bikes are almost three dimensional, I appreciate the composition, with a great sense of perspective.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have aslso received Rob card,and I do like it.Something so simple as four bikes parked together an be interesting and pleasing to look at in a photograph.

Mike C

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have three new ones to report.
    Rockfleet Castle from exchange 17. Nice shot and a nice story as well.
    Christopher's shot of the sun breaking through the clouds.... such a great mood to this photograph.
    Matt King's shot of the overpass has a beautiful simplicity to the composition.

-rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    22 Nov 2009

Received two more cards this week. The card from Rob Skeoch of bicycles in China is fantastically sharp, almost 3-D, and provides a lot for the viewer to look at. Very well done.

The card from Karl Burke came as a surprise. Creating a portrait of Fiona in 4x5 this intimate must have been a real challenge. The photograph is very effective at many levels. I find it intriguing and disturbing at the same time. Thanks for challenging the limits of equipment and imagination.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Got crispin's card today. I have found myself in locales similar to that in this print. Though I cannot see 360, I am reminded of the solitude of a long walk taken. Very nice.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Crispin's Glen Coe plantation ,and a forest of beautiful lichen covered trees.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Crispins' card arrived on Friday - I love trees covered in lichen as well, only not so many in the city these days.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for all the cards I've recieved so far!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A few recent arrivals:
    Polyglot's Early Bird: I love how theatrical the lighting is on this.
    Rob Skeoch's Dusty Bikes: For some reason simple compositions of 'traditional' bicycles always appeal to me.
    lorifrommontana's Fire Proof Hotel: This is great, I'm initially drawn to the signs on the side of the hotel, but then start to see the details in the reflections in the windows which keep revealing more details the closer I look. As well as the fantastic composition it's been printed perfectly to exploit the different lighting throughout the scene.
    Matt King's Up Up and Away: Careful composition has made an everyday piece of concrete dynamic and graceful.
    Karl Burke, has an eye for a great photo

Crispin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ozphoto View Post
    Crispins' card arrived on Friday - I love trees covered in lichen as well, only not so many in the city these days.
    Ozphoto,I live in LA and half to settle for thousands of staples used for posting yard sell signs,not as pretty as lichen

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin