Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,543   Online: 1020

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91314151617181920212223242529 ... LastLast
    sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks to everyone who offered help with getting my cards addressed. They are now on their way. Should arrive this week for people who aren't across very large bodies of water.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Postcards mailed today. Thoroughly have enjoyed the cards I have received so far. =)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This has been a productive week!

"Fiona's Eye" by Karl Burke -- an interesting composition and angle. I put all my postcards up on the wall so her eye will be following me around quite a bit.

KWhitmore's "broken windows" has a lonely and desolate feel to it. Still snow around in May, huh? Gotta love Manitoba.

I like Crispin's mossy tree from the Glen Coe plantation -- a nice play of light and dark in the image.

I also received Lori's "Yellowstone River". It has a lot of 'skid' marks over it -- not sure what the post office was doing, but it kind of adds the overall mood of the photo.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Got Rob's Bicycles. Where can we see your body of work for this, Rob? Will it be published? Great print.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Oops I forgot to mention my cards went out a few days ago. I know I've said this before but I've become a real slacker...sorry! I also wanted to say that I've received some really great cards so far this round. A BIG thank-you to all those early birds out there- Darwin, William, OMU, Allen, Roger, Chris, Rachelle, Rob and Crispin. Wonderful stuff, thanks!

Kathy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Walked through the door. 'Dad, you got a postcard.' 'I wanted to tell him that!'

Got Mark R's IR photograph of the Colorado Capital. Alot of great backlit Woodeffect. This is yet another beautiful card. Thanks, guys and gals. Been a great round.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    27 Nov 2009

Today the mailbox gave me a beautiful card from markrewald. I really like the intense IR effect. The perspective taken and the contrast of the building to foliage gives this image a 3-D effect. The semi-matt paper finish adds an "old world" feel to the print. Well done. Do you have any idea how this film compares to the current Efke IR film offerings? What filter were you using to get the IR effect? Thanks for a great card.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I haven't used any of the new Efke IR stuff yet. Most likely will get some since I am down to 2 rolls of this really outdated stuff (which on another shot the numbering on the paper backing came through to the emulsion Very wierd). The filter I was using was a Cokin infrared filter. Seems to work fairly well. Thanks all for the wonderful comments.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark the old stuff still works great,just got your card today and those leaves on the trees are light and heavenly.

Also received Sly's card,what a great period time set up,great pose and background.like the dark tone of the theocarbarmide toner .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    29 Nov 2009

The post man delivered KWhitmore's card yesterday. I like the slight upward perspective, kind of draws me into the image. This looks like an abandoned house. I bet there are lots of neat photos to be had if one "wonders around" a little. Nicely printed and composed. It would be nice if the rocking chair stood out more from the background. Thanks for another neat image.

Regards,
    Darwin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin