Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,519   Posts: 1,598,204   Online: 773

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 141819202122232425262728293034 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    I don't know how you people can handle such weather.
    being Canadian helps some...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My parents are from Minnesota I was born here in California,they told me about the "helps some " part in dealing with the weather there. Stay warm and have a Merry xmas.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There are times when I wonder how I can handle such weather but I really do love were I live. We are close to the mountains and rivers and wide open spaces. I don't know if I could handle not having the season changes that we have here. There is nothing more pretty then fresh fallen snow...unless you have to drive in it!
    Lori

Shooter
    35mm
    My cards went in the post friday night, so hopefully you'll get them before the holidays start.
    I've received some great cards this round, will try and get round to posting comments in the next couple of weeks!
    Sam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well I remember that we never handled cold weather where I grew up. It handled us. 'Course, not so cold in eastern Ohio, but we did get our fair share of snow so it was cold winters growing up.

I got three cards last half of last week.

The other half of the Ryan contingent, Mary Ryan sent out her first postcard. It was a well focused photograph of the fence post. It is at work presently as I took it in on Friday but I recall the rock slides swathes on the ridge in the background. Well composed images. Time to buy some Grad ND filters. Great job, Mary.

I also got Louie's Old Montreal. I love photographs of old stone. And this one looks fantastic as well. This card was printed just right.

And then there's Mike's Sleigh Bells. Galen Rowell once showed a color photograph of this flora in color in Arctic climes. This rendition is every bit as good.

Thanks guys. I really have enjoyed all of the cards I have received.
    Thank you.
    -CW

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Chris for the complement,I found these plants in the Whittier narrows wash,much to cold in the Arctic circle for me.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Two cards came this week.
    Thanks Ashley for the shot of the Harbour Bridge. It's a great shot.
    Roger's shot of the Reservation in Navajo, reminds me of why they call it "Big Sky Country".

-Rob Skeoch
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Two more cards today.

Tim Gray's TUNA showed up in the mailbox. 'Blub Blub.' Very interesting pose. I'm hooked. I know, bad pun. But I feel fin. Oh, Sorry Charlie. Better stop while I'm ahead. Or a tail. Oh geez! Great print, Tim, all jesting aside. Very attention getting.

Also Mick's card showed up. Great use of contrast and waiting for that decisive moment. Wonderful prints both.
    Thank you.
    -CW

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks again for all the great cards so far!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Got your card today, Jake. Great emphasis on Floss and your Baby Sis. And I love the Polaroid-esque border. Great card.
    Thank you.
    -CW

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin