Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,053   Online: 795

Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 151920212223242526272829303135 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received three,Tim's Tsukiji fish market place,my wife knew the place and knew what kind of fish it was in the photo before I could read the note,she love's her fish.Tocalosh's Sadhu,a holy man is interesting.Mick's trailbike is cool the way this bike I assume is going to clear the rock ,must be in mid flight ,his rear tire is just spinning.Three cards one day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OK, update time for me as well.

A few weeks ago I recieved Mark Rewald's Capital Building. I really like the effect. Kind of looks like something out of a horror movie

This week I also got Micks Trials Bike (Nice action shot) and Warren's Notre-Dame (love the dynamic range in the shot)

And thanks to those who have made comments about my cards.

Cheers

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, it is done! Wrote the last few cards yesterday and put them all in the mail about an hour ago. So I can only hope they will find their way across the several bodies of water and land before the year ends. It's out of my hands now ;-).

I'll post an update on cards received later this week.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And here's an update on cards received:

rtbadman, Navajo Reservation, I like this one, clean, sharp, nice sky, nice shot.
    markrewald, lovely IR shot, and lovely (old) paper, it all fits together. The branches in the front, the trees in front of the building, the building itself... Lovely.
    Mick Fagan bikes, I like the head on the left, just as if it is sticking out of the rocks.
    tocalosh, Hindu holy man, nice shot with a story.

So, some more great ones, thanks. Curious to see what else might arrive. ;-)

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wazza sent me a post card of a spiraling stair case with porcelain like stone steps illuminated by a single small window,well composed.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Two more cards today. THis is like nine in the last week. WOO HOO!!!

I got Wayne's Portland in Winter. The mill reminds me of so many brick buildings in East Liverpool, Ohio, where I grew up. Hall of China, Woolworth's. Wow. Reminds me of home. When my Mom sees this, it will really remind her of home. She lived in Belfast for a couple of years back in the late fifties.

Also received mckenna's Texas Old and New. Great story about your grandfather. And a very fantastic print. Good contrast for me.

I love them both. Thank you.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    16 Dec 2009

Cards received this week ....

Tim Gray's photo of a tuna in Japan. I like how you tilted the "horizon" in the photo. It gives provides greater perspective to the print.
    Mick Fagan's photo of a jumping motor bike gives me the "willies" just looking at it. This kind of racing must be a fun way to get injured (or dead). Nice stop action photo.
    The card from mckenna is nicely done. I really like the juxtaposition of the old and new supported by a good story. Well done.
    A photo of a Sadhu arrived form tocalosh. India looks like it is rich with images. I like the square format filled with this "Hindu holy man". I can only imagine the stories he can tell.
    Finally a 5x7 print form Jane Ryan. This photograph is very intriguing to me because of the perspective that Jane has taken. Photographing over the girls shoulder leads me to ask what is this girl thinking about (or observing). Lots of stories in this photo. Very well done.

Thanks to all for such nice prints.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received Mick Fagan's card yesterday... Nice action photo ! I'd usually be annoyed by a blank sky (at least in my images) but in this case it serves the purpose very well !

What I like in this exchange (this is my first) is it gives me a measure of how diverse Photography can be

Thanks Mick !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Speaking of diversity... I received Sam Sharpe'spostcard of a Sadhar (spell ?)... very touching subject, very nice print (and the 'Blad touch !)
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi All, I thought I'd comment on all the great photos I received this round! The first 4 I already commented on so I shall go on from there. Matt King's "Up, Up & away" is fantastic (as always Matt!). I Like how the overpass curves up to the corner of the picture. The light is just right. Mike Wilde's North Chicago River captured what I so desperately tried to capture (with a d****l) the last time I was in Chicago. I can't wait to get back and explore this great city's architecture again with the Nikon FM2 in hand! RogerThoms Navajo Reservation show's such vastness. I love the sky. Rachelle's "Reaching for a drink of water..." was fantastic. I love the shots you've done with the Kodak HIE (Jane loved her's also). Crispin's Glen Coe Plantation shot was awesome. I love the deep darkness of the forest and the ferns add a lightness. Fantastic. Mark Rewald's Colorado Capital building is another great infrared shot. The tree's just glow. Awesome use of this film. Rob Skeoch's 'Dusty Bikes in the Alley' is great. The light is just right. Very interesting and makes you want to know the story! That makes 11 out of 25 received! It is so exciting (for all 3 of us) to check out the mailbox everyday in hopes that a new postcard will be there!
    Lori

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin