Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,958   Online: 977

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 172122232425262728293031323337 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Few new postcards! wazza's Notre Dame stairwell. I love how the light from the window reflects on the stairs. Nice photo. DrZish's Kegon Falls is just beautiful. The light was just right to make the falls glow! tocalosh's Hindu Holy man is so well captured. My whole family loved it. Fantastic!
    Lori

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I find myself staring at Tony's Kegon Falls for quite a while now. The composition reminds me of photographs I have seen of Vernal Falls in Yosemite. I absolutely love this card. As I do all of the cards I have received this round. Merry Christmas everybody.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A few new postcards to comment on, now that I've finished moving (for now)...

I really like Tim Gray's Tsukiji fish market shot. I went there for the first time myself this year but didn't get there until too late and didn't really get any interesting shots. Oh well, it's a good thing that I'm going back to Japan in a few months.

Avi's entrance to the Canadian Parliament almost has an abstract quality to it due to the amount a detail in it. Love the Foma paper as well -- that's one paper I really miss.

Mike C's 'sleigh bells' are a nice interpretation on a common theme. I love frosty images and this is a good one.

Dr. Louie's Old Montreal almost reminded me of France until I saw the sign for poutine! Nice shot.

A great action shot from Mick Fagan -- hope you didn't get any mud on your lens!

And finally, another card from the Ryan clan, this one from Jane -- an interesting image, although I think I would like to have seen more of a profile on the girl.

Well, that's it for now with a week left to go this round...26 received and 26 YET to be received...:o...although I know many more are in the mail. Just a reminder to those that haven't sent yet that I have a new address so check your pm's for my current address.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Rachelle.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    I really like Tim Gray's Tsukiji fish market shot. I went there for the first time myself this year but didn't get there until too late and didn't really get any interesting shots. Oh well, it's a good thing that I'm going back to Japan in a few months.
    I missed the tuna auction - only got there around 7:30am I think. There was plenty of tuna action going on at the different stalls. Lots of other interesting things too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim -- that's what time I made it there too! But by that time most of the tuna had been rounded up and was being sliced up. I got a few photos of that happening, but that's about it. Barely enough for one roll of 120 film. I guess it also depends on the day and the number of fish being sold.

Oh, and as an early Christmas present, wazza's postcard of the Notre Dame stairwell arrived today as well. It arrived a little worse for wear, but mostly intact -- thanks Warren.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ruediger's "Dances" arrived today (along with 2 new to me cameras). Merry Christmas to me!!! This was a great image. Very creative. Thanks! Lori

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have claimed that photographs have had a lot of depth. aluk's card arrived over the weekend. First, it's on FB. Secondly it is toned very well, could be the actual color of the stone. Third, it is as close to a three-dimensional photograph I have ever seen. One of the best prints I have ever seen.

I also received Jacco's card. Looks like my own kitchen counter. Well, under the twelve inches of Christmas dishes.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Another one has hit my desk this week. A nice character filled image from Tocalosh.

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I receivedBlack Dog's card yesterday. Very puzzling at first sight, until I realized what the subject is. The feeling of stillness is very well conveyed.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin