Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,923   Posts: 1,522,103   Online: 789

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1822232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Now that this round is nearly over, I want to send some comments for the postcards I received so far.

But first a few words about the schedule. I have the impression, that the four month schedule for each round seems to be too short. I was late and many others were late and - since I am still waiting for about 20 postcards - many others fall out of the schedule. I do not want to change the schedule for the next round but we probably should think about it a bit.

Here the postcards I received so far:

sly - a nice brown toned 4x5 contact print which seems to come from another time. Very nice, I like it a lot.
    c.w. - Wow, what a wide landscape. You put a lot of drama in it. Good.
    photomem - a soft nostalgic piano shot. I like the play with the focus. Unfortunately I got the one which has not been fixed out, so there is a brown spot on it.
    lorirfrommontana - sent a nice portrait of her daughter ans so showed us also a portrait of another postcard member. Thanks for that.
    rtbadman - the next wide landscape. The graffitti on the building makes it for me. I like it.
    Rob Skeoch - Dusty Bikes in the Alley makes me wanting to see more of your Searching for China series.
    kwhitmore - What is it in the very foreground? A flower? This is the anchor of the image and bang the post office printed some orange lines across it. Anyway I like it - no, not the orange lines.
    karl burke - Well, I like Fionas eye. And depending on your choice of top and bottom it tells you different stories.
    markrewald - In every round I get some very nice IR images. And I always think, well I should try this myself and I never try it and then in the next round ... I like the Colorado Capital Building - well, I like the glow of the foliage even more.
    crispinuk - a shot that I tried so many times and it never worked for me. This one works very well and the different shades of the trees gives depth. Thanks.
    Allen Friday - Rockfleet Castle, did I ever mention that I like castles? I like castles. And thanks for the historical background.
    Mike Wilde - wow, I like this image a lot. There is so much detail, exposure is spot on. Thanks.
    paul_c - Cathedral of St John. Did I ever mention that I like cathedrals? Thanks for sending this?
    mooseontheloose - let me see, in every round I get some ... Well, I like it.
    kraker - Kitchen 1 - a good attempt and a good idea for a series. I visited your homepage and also liked the favourites series.
    mckenna - interesting capture of old and new. We have many of the new here in Germany. Thanks.
    Mick Fagan - great action. Did you have to clean your lens afterwards. Anyway I like it.
    wazza - brougth back memories to a vacation in France where we visited a wind mill and the stairs there looked nearly the same but came up counter clockwise. That alone makes it to a very nice photograph for me, but I also like the composition and I especially like the highlight tones in the stairs.
    pasto - a nice street shot printed to my liking. Thanks
    Tim Gray - it tuna time. Interesting composition and I also always surprised how big they are. yum yum!
    Laurent - a fuel decanter. I like such details and I like how you printed it. Thanks. A fuel decanter, how cool is this, I only know about wine decanters
    hoffy - no 153. This is a very nice shot. A lot of movement in it but also sharp details. And a nice subjet too. Very well done. Thank you.
    mike c - "So. Cal. Sleight bells" does "So. Cal." stand for "South Californian"? And they are frosted? Wow. Anyway I like it.
    tocalosh - what a moving image. Thank you.
    aluk - this is my favourite so far. I like the tone, the subject, the detail and how it is printed. Interesting paper too, I have never tried this one. Thank you.
    MattKing - Up, Up and Away - Good image of an urban landscape. I like it.
    DrZish - Kegon Falls. At the bottom of the falls is this still snow and ice?
    Christopher Walrath - Sunset and Storm. Wow, this looks great and dramatic. I like it.
    Wayne Frederick - I like this kind of photographs where you walk around in the image and find so many interesting things. Thanks.
    drpsilver - wow, that I call abandoned. Thanks for sharing.
    bwakel - Oh dear! I can very well understand your wife. @All do not risk your life just to send a great postcard.
    OMU - Hey, they know how to marry. I like it.
    meltronic - I like it, but I can not tell youo exactly why. I just like it.
    polyglot - "Cliché in Grey", yes, but a nice one. Thank you.

That is it so far. I am looking forward to the rest of the postcards and the next rounds signup will start tomorrow.

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    How about a 15 day signup period? 2.5 months to print and the like.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the comments Ruediger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Only a couple more hours left to go for 2009...

Three more postcards today, a really nice print from DrZish of Kegon Falls in Japan. I've never been there but will likely make the trip once I go back later this year. I also got Wayne Frederick's "working waterfront", which I think is a nicely crafted image of a busy scene. And last, but not least, Tocalosh's Hindu Holy Man -- a really great photograph of a really interesting person.

Happy New Year everyone!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Happy New Year to the Post Card exchange people,I've got a whole lot of 2009 cards,thank you.
    Mike Clark

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Happy New Year to all of you!

Cheers
    Rüdiger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey Rudiger.. got my own darkroom now.. so if you like, I can reprint it and send you another. No problem at all!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Also received Mike Wilde's Chicago shot - love the straightness of it all and the cleanliness from that big negative. Sadly it has a big stamp on the front and a gouge out of the emulsion.
    This may gross you out, but if it is a Canada Post stamp, I find that my damp tongue has the right texture and wetness to lick the ink off in one go most times (and then transfer removed ink to a ready and waiting kleenex, paper towel etc.)

Thanks for the comment on the content of the shot.

Sorry to hear about the gouge. I could put them in envelopes for the same price, as I have no postcard rate in my country's postal system but I think that takes the special 'postcard' part out of the equation.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've received many wonderful cards this round, which I've shamefully not commented on. I'll make up a list in the next day or two and post it.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomem View Post
    Hey Rudiger.. got my own darkroom now.. so if you like, I can reprint it and send you another. No problem at all!
    You don't have to. I mean it is a postcard exchange, and often postcards arrive pretty worn out.

No wait wait!

I like your card, so if you don't mind ... it will be welcome

Cheers
    Ruediger

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin