Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,705   Posts: 1,548,483   Online: 854

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1923242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Finally got the last of my cards out earlier this week. Sorry for the delay, events have conspired against me - better late than never though...

I've get quite a few extras so if anyone doesn't receive one just let me know!

Ben.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well,time to comment on the cards received again:

Mick Fagan -A very HCB decisive moment that you present here, of the motocross racer climbing the embankment. The other witness head popping over the embankment, the rear wheel of the cycle caught fully off of the ground. It all comes together very well. Well done.

Wazza – The descending staircase – a beautiful capture of varying shapes, textures and tones. Expertly exposed and composed, and well printed. I like the way my eye id drawn to the white window at UR on the first view, and then darts all over to take the whole thing in after that.

Tocalosh Good use of shallow depth of filed and timing to capture the hand gesture. A bit of dodging to lighten the dark spot in the upper left may have strengthed the print and helped keep my eye from being drawn in to see if there was any details to be had in there.

Tim Gray Tunafish on the table – I like the angled composition and the framing in the print that the negative carrier used, either artfully, or accidentally, gives. A good choice in the paper contrast grade as well as a good image.

aluk I like the nice detail capture of this carved decoration, and the positioning of the flag emblem within the frame. The paper texture and tone has me very interested. I am going to see about getting some of this to work with in the future. That alone is one of the great parts of this exchange – to see how something as simple as the paper influences the image.

mike c – Sleigh bells – a delightful composition and depiction of detail and tone. Very crisp, but with 120 TP it better be, hadn’t it. It would be a shame use of this film if there was not detail to show off its capabilities.

rtbadman Very nice landscape, that is well composed. Nice local contrast in the print, and overall a delightful print.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A couple of cards have come my way lately:

Mick Fagan - I loved the trial bike photo. I was always fascinated by the looks of the trial bikes themselves and the balancing acts the riders did. A reminder of being six years old again...

Tocalosh - nice one, I recognized it instantly as a Sadhu. Great look from the fellow and it could make a nice, big print, too. It was a bit mangled by the post office and a bit of the emulsion has gone away, but it still is a great photo!

Black Dog - the card you sent me has a rather abstract feel, which makes me look and look... Couldn't help but smile at your (intended?) Miles Davis reference ("In a silent way"). Thanks a lot!
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Christopher and Ruediger, thanks for your comments on my card and other work.

More cards received:

Ruediger: Dances. I like it, indeed it works when printed on silver. Curious about the cyanotypes, if and when they are printed. I'm pretty sure that will work as well!
    wazza, Notre-Dame Stairwell. Lovely image.
    Aluk: Entrance. That is just great. Lots of detail and lovely, lovely paper. I'm going to have to try this! This is without toning (other than using warmtone dev.)? It's very nice.
    Tim Gray: tuna. It's like I'm there (only without the smell). A great picture, both technically and artistically. One of my favourites this round.
    DrZish, Kegon falls. It's almost like 3-D, this waterfall. Somehow. Very nice indeed.
    Ben Taylor, brass lion. When I received this, I just tried to think where this could have been taken. The house in the background made me think of Germany, but the church made me think of the UK. Well, the UK it is. Very nice with the sun and shadows on the snow. I guess the whole statue is covered in snow by now, you got more than you wanted... Nice shot, thanks.

And of course I also received a card from some guy named "kraker". I hope more of you have received that.

Looking forward to the remaining photos of this round. It's been great so far!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Mike,it was a photo made when you could still get TP easily.If you get the right subject matter it is excellent film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A quick update on the cards I have received so far - apologies for the delay in sending mine; they are going out this week!

• Polyglot's gate
    • Christopher Walrath's sunset and storm
    • Darwin's Barn
    • Tocalosh's Sadhu
    • Tim Gray's tuna
    • Ruediger's Dances
    • Warren's Staircase
    • Mick Fagan's Trail Bike
    • OMU's wedding Car

Looking forward to many more arriving in my mailbox soon.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    These are the cards that I've received recently... thanks to everyone for taking part.

Tim Gray's tuna on the table... it's good to see those rangefinders getting some use.
    Jacco's shot of everyday life... another shot with a rangefinder... I'm seeing a theme.
    Warren Hinder's M7 shot of Notre-DAme Stairwell
    Mary Ryan's photo of the tree in the field. How are you enjoying the darkroom now that you've spent some time there?
    Luigi's shot from Sunday morning in Old Montreal.
    Sam Sharpe's Hindu Holyman... good for you lugging that blad around India.
    Tony's shot of the Kegon Falls... looks like a great place to spend a day.
    McKenna's shot of the old and new turbines.
    Mike Clark's Sleighbells has great tones and detail.
    Mike Fagan's mud biking shot
    Wayne Frederick's great shot of the Blake building in Portland
    Avi's shot of the Parliament buildings in Ottawa... such detail.
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I got Ben's card eysterday. Brass Lions is a great winter shot. And printed out beautifully. I know you don't have to use all 88 keys, so to speak, but I really appreciate engaging prints that use the entire tonal range. Well done.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received Ben's Brass Lions yesterday. Great shot and great print ! I'd have hard time guessing where it could be if you did not indicate it.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received the "Brass Loins" also a great photograph,one of the best.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin