Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,495   Online: 1093

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2226272829303132333435363738 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    One more to report on:

BirgerA Stuffed Animals - An amusing shot. I like the way some of the faces are peering out from behind some of the others.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've received all of the postcards this round!!! They are all wonderful. This exchange is addicting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You're lucky Lori! Maybe I should do what you do and go for less than the max...I'm still missing 13 :o. That being said, I'm optimistic they'll reach me eventually.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Even subscribing for less than max, I'm still missing some...
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Since I am doing this I had probably one round where I got all. I think it is unfair to sign in and then not sending the cards. Sometimes there are good reasons, sometimes not.

BUT!!! In every single round there were some postcards where I said "Yes! Sending those 50 postcards was worth getting this single card." And browsing through my pile of hundreds of postcards makes me forget about those unfulfilled commitments and keeps me organizing this lightly.

Cheers
    Rüdiger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    Since I am doing this I had probably one round where I got all. I think it is unfair to sign in and then not sending the cards. Sometimes there are good reasons, sometimes not.

BUT!!! In every single round there were some postcards where I said "Yes! Sending those 50 postcards was worth getting this single card." And browsing through my pile of hundreds of postcards makes me forget about those unfulfilled commitments and keeps me organizing this lightly.

Cheers
    Rüdiger
    As I (think I may) already have written, I have no argument with people who could not meet their commitments. We all have different constraints, and so there could be many good reasons for somebody not being able to send all his cards. These reasons may however seem bad reasons to others.

I do the exchange because I'm happy to overcome my shyness and it's a great way to show my images AND because, as you said, a single card can make the exchange worth (I will not give names obviously, but there were several in this round that could qualify for this !)
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I was under the beginners (naive) impression that sending out 10 cards (plus 4 to Sean, Simon and a couple of other non-participating people), combined with the people who has signed up for maximum would get me a good amount of postcards.

Well, I have thus far got 7 cards plus one email in return. So I guess that is a good return, getting 8 out from 14 sent. I will probably sign up in the future, because I like the challenge in itself. And yes, there are cards that are worth it all, no names named.

Thanks to all of you who have made the effort and Rüdiger who manages the exchange.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    I was under the beginners (naive) impression that sending out 10 cards (plus 4 to Sean, Simon and a couple of other non-participating people), combined with the people who has signed up for maximum would get me a good amount of postcards.

Well, I have thus far got 7 cards plus one email in return. So I guess that is a good return, getting 8 out from 14 sent. I will probably sign up in the future, because I like the challenge in itself. And yes, there are cards that are worth it all, no names named.

Thanks to all of you who have made the effort and Rüdiger who manages the exchange.
    The idea is send out ten cards, get 10 cards in return. That is in a perfect world and you can't count the cards sent to non participants. I'm not sure I understand the one you received by email, sounds like you are 7 for 10 right now. Hopefully you will receive a couple more cards before it's all said and done. The best way to get more cards is to sign up for the max.

Roger

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Of course, Roger, I know we don't live in a perfect world.

And I think my reply may have gotten across as me being unhappy, far from it! It's been great to see new cards in the post during the last few months. The email reply was a short note from Simon Galley that the postcard had gotten through to him.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    OK now the email make sense. Nice of Simon to reply.

I didn't notice you on my address list for round 18, if you would like, PM me your address and I'll drop a card in the mail. I always print extras.

Roger

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin