Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,006   Online: 762

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26303132333435363738 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I got Greg's (sage) Shopfront at Night. A lot of great detail for a low light exposure. Actually VERY WELL DONE. He makes this happen.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm a little short. Only received 41 of 50/51 so far. Not including the one I posted to myself so I could have a copy.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I also received Greg's card and enjoyed it too. Always nice to see a straggler arrive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    R 18 cards not commented on yet, but received by 3 March

Black Dog – A good abstract capture of in and out of focus elements and the placement of the elements in the visual frame works for me. Bold enough to unabashedly print it square.

Birger A The stuffed animals exhibit a nice mix of regularity and randomness. Hats off to you for noticing it, even if it is kind of spooky.

Ozphoto
    - delicate whites of the pump and subtle texture of the surrounding darker vegetation make this image work very well. By giving each areas something to contrast against.

Roger Bulcock – The lower right dark mass in the image balances the delicate detail of the birch trunk. This time I sense it more a texture thing, while with Nanette’s comments above, I felt it was more of the tone thing.

Those are all the cards that I have accrued to comment on for R18.
    There are still a few cards that I have not checked off as received, but, oh well, some will end up here in the future I am sure.
    my real name, imagine that.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Anyone NOT recieved one of mine this round? Let me know if you haven't and I'll send a replacement as I've sent all the ones on my list.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've happily received a couple more stragglers...

Roger's singularly focused birch tree and Greg's window at night. In both cases there are some nice transitions from light to dark. Thanks guys!

And it's not that I want to name names, but since some people have asked, I'm still missing postcards from:

bkalafut, Black Dog, bpaties, Cara, david b, Eric Mac, gordrob, KingJon, Lynda, Marianne, Mick Fagan, rwyoung

If you sent postcards to me in Jan/Feb be aware that I moved from that previous address, and I am still waiting on mail to be forwarded to me (I sent everyone a pm with my new address).

If you still haven't sent your postcards yet, then it would be best to wait until April, when I have a PERMANENT address (for at least 2-4 years this time!) in Japan. I'll send another pm at that time. I don't mind the lateness (because I love getting postcards at any time), I just don't want them to get lost in the mail with all my moves.

Cheers.
    Last edited by mooseontheloose; 03-06-2010 at 05:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rachelle-mine did go to your old address.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    I've happily received a couple more stragglers...

I'm still missing postcards from:

bkalafut, Black Dog, bpaties, Cara, david b, Eric Mac, gordrob, KingJon, Lynda, Marianne, Mick Fagan, rwyoung

If you sent postcards to me in Jan/Feb be aware that I moved from that previous address, and I am still waiting on mail to be forwarded to me (I sent everyone a pm with my new address).

If you still haven't sent your postcards yet, then it would be best to wait until April, when I have a PERMANENT address (for at least 2-4 years this time!) in Japan...
    I had three get bounced back by the USPS; I'll see if yours is one. They'll go back out, soon--this is the last time I'll do anything but address cards going overseas myself. Abbreviations "DE" and "CA" for Germany and Canada give postal workers fits.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had three get bounced back by the USPS; I'll see if yours is one. They'll go back out, soon--this is the last time I'll do anything but address cards going overseas myself. Abbreviations "DE" and "CA" for Germany and Canada give postal workers fits.

Bennett -- let me know. If so, I think it would be too late to resend it to me here in Canada, it would probably be better to wait a few weeks until I have a new address.

I got my last package of forwarded mail today, and I'm happy to report that two more postcards arrived, which were well worth the wait! Jake, your card is a really lovely portrait of both your sister and your dog, I especially like the dog's expression. I also received a card from Marianne, a moody landscape shot from PEI. I don't know why, but there's something about the river and the clouds that I really like. Thank you both.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I previously commented about most of the cards I've received here:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/...tml#post950504

Since then, Roger Bulcock's fine image of a birch tree came in. I like it a lot (it looks like Roger and I have some similar likes).

Sorry I didn't comment earlier.

This means that that there are 5 cards that are yet to come:

(david b, Eric Mac, KingJon, Lynda, rwyoung)

Thanks to everyone for their patience and for participating.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin