Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,237   Online: 1083

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Got one today.. Same as Mike's. Love it. Thanks Darwin. BTW, are any of you guys and girls collecting these into albums? I have given up one of my beloved Moleskine sketchbooks to serve as an album for these and hopefully future rounds.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been thinking of puting them up on my darkroom wall,but you can,t read the back of the card.I think it would look neat there tho.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Got Barry's waterfall yesterday; great little story on the back. A marathon printing session (1100-2100) and I've now finished printing 11 sets of 5 cards. Should address and post them all today.

I'm planning on matting all the cards I send & receive onto one big board and putting them up for show 'n tell night at the camera club whose darkroom I used to print my set. Despite our logo being someone under a dark hood using LF, there are practically no analogue shooters in the club anymore and I'm the only one making use of their awesome darkroom. Maybe all your prints will convince them otherwise; I know of a couple other members who have MF cameras laying around unused and that have expressed a bit of interest.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I put mine from last round into a album with clear pages so front and back can be seen. It works pretty good. The ones that are a little larger just get attached to the top of the page instead of in the little pockets. Lori

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hey Lori, was just up in Montana, had the 4x5 out on your 9 degree weather and later after it warmed up to 21 degrees. I was actually in Wisdom,Townsend and Deer Lodge. Had a great time. Hopefully I have an Icy Montana image for the exchange, if not I'll have to fall back on a Sunny California image.

Cards have started arriving and it looks like it's going to be a great exchange. I'll post comments when I'm not so tired.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    14 Oct 2009

This round has already been filled with very nice images, and I look forward to many more.
    The card from bwakel of Vettisfossen is very well done. I looks like Barry was suspended in the air when taking this photo. Really gives a feeling of how big this waterfall is. Makes me want to visit Norway.
    Recieved a card from Souh Dakota with the question "Gov Arnold Schwarzenegger vs. Gov. Jessie Ventura, who wins?" Thank you c.w. for an interesting question. A question that has many answers. I really like you card. The light on the badlands really gives the image life. The brewing storm clouds adds drama. Well done.
    The card from meltronic immediately looked familiar, but it was not where I thought it was (right conutry, wrong town). Nice overview of what the Czech Republic is like.
    A very nicely composed and printed card from Laurent of what I thought was fuel pump. You captured the flavor of this old trackter very well.
    Recieved a card from photomem of a steamboat on the Mississippi. I like the use of converging lines formed by the bridges. I have never visited the South for any length of time. Memphis would definetaly be on a tour of the region.
    Finally a got a card from a guy by the name of drpsilver.

I look forward to seeing some more great images.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love the start of the exchanges, and the anticipation of what will be in the mailbox when I open it. Two great offerings today -- Laurent's closeup on the tractor, and paul_c's colour image of Coyote Butte, definitely one of the places I would like to visit in the near future.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    I've been thinking of puting them up on my darkroom wall,but you can,t read the back of the card.I think it would look neat there tho.

Mike

I've started photocopying the back of the cards, and putting the card and the photocopy in adjacent pockets in an album.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats good Matt,but I have so many albums of photos of the family I'd never have the time to drag out anther album.I figured that putting them on the dark room wall I would glance at them once in a while,and if some one were to visit the dark room I could brag about how many analog photographers I know from everywhere.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received my first postcard today : drsilver's first self storage place. Very nice composition, and nicely printed !!
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin