Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,648   Posts: 1,481,282   Online: 719

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've received 5 great cards so far:
    - Barry's waterfall: great perspective and the story really adds to it
    - Matthew's samosa stall: good capture of the girl's expression, and I'm going to have to try some TMX soon after seeing this.
    - A beautiful shot of clouds over an escarpment in South Dakota
    - Laurent's diesel decanter: love how the glossiness of the engine block comes through in a silver print
    - Darwin's barn: I would so very much like to see an enlarged print and find out what the 4x5 is capable of, even if my wallet is shouting "no!"

Posted mine all off last Friday, which means they should start arriving various places in about 3 days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2 more cards arrived today
    • polyglot's Gate
    • Christopher Walrath's excellent sunset

Have yet to try a sunset in B&W - but this has truly inspired me!
    Keep them rolling in please!

Mine should be out in the post this week - apologies for the delay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just read your post polyglot - in BKK by Wednesday - must be some kind of record for Aussie Post!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have omu post card today a beautiful car with flowers waiting in a very crowed group of people,something is happening there.Very well composed,gives a scene of intense interest and activity.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another card came in mail today from polyglot.A 5x7 card made it thur the mail undamaged,really nice composition of boat docks and building,the top of the picture is covered by a out stretched sail, nicely positioned .

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The first of this round OMU's La Maccina arrived today. Tomorrow, the postal service goes on strike, so anything sent to the UK could be delayed for some time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looking back on it, it might have been a good idea to sign my name - if anyone is wondering, this is the card I sent:

Except not a horrible scan of a quickie contact sheet.

I've been out of town, but today sorting through the mail i found cards from drpsilver and polyglot (i think). One a nice 4x5 contact print from Delta 100, the other a 5x7 from some 35mm Pan-F. Unfortunately the 5x7 got a little beat up in the mail and has sort of a crease in it, but it still looks great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    The first of this round OMU's La Maccina arrived today. Tomorrow, the postal service goes on strike, so anything sent to the UK could be delayed for some time.
    Paul,know how long the strike will last.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice couple of 5x7s arrived today -- a nice play of light and shadow from a row of arches by T.Wilson and "Mosman Moon" by polygot (though I'm not exactly sure where the moon is supposed to be ). I like the contrast between the black sail and the white rooftops -- the shape of the blackness makes it look like something being unzipped.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rachelle,

The Arches is my shot. Upon reflection, I wish I would have written my username on them as well.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin