Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,723   Online: 988

Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    cw: what was the 5x7 you received? I'm pretty sure I put my name and "polyglot" on the back of them all; it'd be funny if yours was the one I forgot
    mooseontheloose: it's 2mm diameter, about a thumb's-width about the left roof peak.

Got two more yesterday:
    - Tommy's (photomem?) play of light through the arches
    - omu's La Maccina

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Received Polyglot's flowers yesterday. I like the very selective focus, and the tones !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    Paul,know how long the strike will last.
    This particular strike should be over by the weekend, but the dispute continues. There could be more strikes, and what with Christmas coming up, there will be further delays as they sort through the resulting backlog.

OMU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also got the card from polyglot today. I got "Gnost Gums", so it seems as William has taken the job to send out different cards.
    "Gnost Gums" is a beautiful card of what probably is gum trees? - taken by the night. Beautiful soft light on the trees. Thanks!
    - OM

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Two more cards arrived: Chris Walrath's fabulous sunset and OMU's pimp-mobile for the married couple. Both are great prints.
    My website: Light Work

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received a couple of postcards today, as heralded by the kids upon my arrival here at home: "You got postcards . . ."

Denis's 'Badlands'. This is the first color postcard I have received that was printed by the member. In my younger days I always dreamed of the road trip that never took shape. I still have a bit of wanderlust. But I am forced to live vicariously through Denis and others. I love the delicacy of this print. I can hear the wind whispering through the tall prairie grass while standing before such grandieur. I have always loved the imagery of the American West.

And William's 'Hotrodding'. I love how the component of the subject that does the most work is the only portion that is in focus. Great panning and selective focus has been used here and the proof is on the postcard.

Both great prints.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    I received a couple of postcards today . . .
    This is the first color postcard I have received that was printed by the member. . .
    Chris, I wish I could take credit for all the printing but I got involved in a move from Maryland back to Florida and worked with a lab on the printing. My negative was right on, but getting the color in the final prints was still difficult even with the labs help. Next exchange I'll be back to B&W when I get all my gear back from Maryland. I hope I didn't cheat too much. This was my first exchange. I found the process of going through my negatives and selecting one the most time consuming part of the process. I also thought it might be nice to be the last person the send out cards so I could include individual comments keyed to the contents of the cards I received from others, but then if everyone did the same thing no cards would ever be mailed.

Denis K

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's OK, Denis. Your secret is safe with me. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, Bob's not your uncle.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've received 3 cards: La Maccina; sunset and Storm; Barn, Curry Lane, Napa. They are all wonderful. I love all the different subjects that get covered in these exchanges! I have not had a chance to get in the darkroom yet but have some film that is yet to be developed that will hopefully have my image on it for the exchange. I have managed to get the flu. Of course they just started giving the flu shot at work today!!! A little late for me! Oh well. Hoping to feel better soon so I can get some printing done. Lori

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just received a lovely card from polyglot. A bouquet. I love the sharpness of the flowers in the center and how it fades out of focus. Very lovely image. Sorry i didn't say much about the other images I got. I was still sort of out of it yesterday! Feeling much better today. Christopher Walrath's Sunset and Storm was awesome. I haven't tried doing any sunsets before. This gives me inspiration to try! OMU's La Maccina was very well seen. A lot of action around the car to tell the story but the car is the subject. Like it! Another fantastic image from DRPSILVER this round. The 1st self storage Place is printed very well. I like the reflection in the dirty widows.
    Lori

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin