Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,545   Posts: 1,646,225   Online: 1027

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Be good to be able to offer it once again.
    Thank you.
    -CW

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think I'll brave new territory and sign up for my first postcard exchange in January! *excited*
    Cheers,

Jim.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What is the postcard exchange?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are links to the Intro & FAQ in my signature below. Basically a group of people around the world have fun by sending postcards of their work to each other every few months.

Check out the info and watch for the sign up thread the 1st of January!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbop View Post
    I think I'll brave new territory and sign up for my first postcard exchange in January! *excited*
    Me too! I just read the guidelines and looking forward to it.
    Sourdough, salami and blue cheese... and 2 dogs drooling with such sad, sad eyes. ... they're working me... they know I'll cave!

APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like fun, I am waiting for the 2st of January.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Taylor View Post
    Me too. I'll be practicing darkroom printing during December to get ready (I currently have a virgin darkroom I just completed this past weekend) (read: Bathroom and black tape)

Ideally, I would like to do wet prints but can you also participate if you use a commercial lab or ink jet?

I'm looking forward to it

Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiKen View Post
    Me too. I'll be practicing darkroom printing during December to get ready (I currently have a virgin darkroom I just completed this past weekend) (read: Bathroom and black tape)

Ideally, I would like to do wet prints but can you also participate if you use a commercial lab or ink jet?

I'm looking forward to it

Ken
    It is great fun. If necessary, you can use a commercial lab or ink jet, but the original "capture" must be on film.

Pay close attention to the size requirements of your postal system - otherwise it can end up being unnecessarily expensive.

And in response to your post on the FAQ thread, I don't think there has ever been a special gallery for postcard images, but some of us do post some of our cards in the general galleries.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin