Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,383   Online: 780

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    The english word for the walking assistance device sitting around the post is just a 'walker'.
    Where as the English name is a Zimmer Frame - drpsilver's card arrived in today's post along with lorirfrommontana's Willys Wagon. I think you have your work cut out restoring that old car, polishing the chrome was just the first step.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2 cards arrived today:

Lori's 1955 Willy's Wagon and Darwin's Signpost

Still working on my images - will have them posted asap.

Shooter
    35mm
    I received drpsilver's card today - a very nice print and a funny picture! I like it very much!

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wow! Yesterday was postcard day! I received: Aaron's Abandoned factory. Great print of interesting architecture. Tim's Lobstering Gear. A very interesting print. Slumry's Trillium. Beautiful! and David's bike in snow. Very well printed. Thanks so much everyone! I've almost filled my first album of postcards so will have to purchase another!
    Paul: Yes, I have a lot of work to do on my old car! I purchased it several years ago and drove it home (250 miles or so). Fortunately my father is an auto body repairman and told me he'd do the body work. We replaced all the seals in the engine and painted it. Think I'm going to go ahead and do a frame off restoration though so I have to wait till Ed gets his Jeepster all finished up cause it'll be taking up the garage for a few years! I really enjoy working on it, now if the funds will just appear!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post

I too really like the image. It is, I believe a faux road name sign. In the US the 'AARP' is the American Association of Retired Persons, a lobby group.

The english word for the walking assistance device sitting around the post is just a 'walker'.
    Thanks Mike ! It's amazing how much one can learn on APUG !!
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I posted all my cards yesterday afternoon.
    Laurent

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received Lori's car detail today. Nice

Best regards
    Birger A.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Two cards came last week...Mick's wheat silos and Darwin's OldWoman RD.

Mick- your image makes me long for a hot, dry summer anywhere right now! beautiful tones and perfect framing...as always. :-)
    oh, by the way, there's a blizzard/snowstorm in Mtl today...thanks for asking. ;-)

Darwin- maybe I shouldn't but I had a good laugh at this one. a great find and the walker/zimmer frame? is the icing on the cake. looks like a very interesting place to explore. well done!

Kathy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I printed my cards yesterday, this time on regular 5x7 RC paper. Now my dilemma, send the cards as is, put full size labels on the back to stiffen up the cards, put them in envelopes. Don't know, looking for suggestions. The paper seem extra flimsy so I'm concerned about how they will hold up if I send them as is.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rtbadman View Post
    I printed my cards yesterday, this time on regular 5x7 RC paper. Now my dilemma, send the cards as is, put full size labels on the back to stiffen up the cards, put them in envelopes. Don't know, looking for suggestions. The paper seem extra flimsy so I'm concerned about how they will hold up if I send them as is.

Roger
    The cards I received that were on 5x7 paper were more marred that the "regular" postcards. I'd vote for a label as a stiffener, to keep the "postcard spirit".
    Laurent

My APUG Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin