Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,954   Posts: 1,586,006   Online: 748

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    rtbadman, i got some nice envelopes and folding cards from staples. they come in bags of 10 each.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    David, thanks for the tip, I'm still debating. I did receive your card and really like the image, besides being a photographer I'm a big bicycle fan, love cold weather, and snow. The envelope and card was nice and the image was in perfect condition.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roger, I faced that dilemma too (the fujibro paper I used seemed thin) and I used labels for the back to stiffen it up. As far as I can tell, that worked (no one's mentioned any mangled cards yet). I just received Lori's card in the mail that is 5x7 paper and it's in great shape.

As for the postcards received today...

Lori's unrestored Willys Wagon -- the gleaming chrome and broken window really draw the eye to/from the black corner of the window. Good luck with the restoration!

Darwin's Old Woman Road -- beautifully printed, makes me wonder what Old Man Road looks like...

Slumry's Trillium -- absolutely stunning, love the light and dark tones.

Mick Fagan's wheat silos -- there's nothing I don't like about this print, great DOF, great range of tones, love the clouds... reminds me of home, although our silos are a little different looking.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=mooseontheloose;951655]Snip:

"Darwin's Old Woman Road -- beautifully printed, makes me wonder what Old Man Road looks like..."

Much worse for the wear, women age better! There is a wonderful line in Cory Doctorow's recent book Makers about "the paramilitary wing of AARP" that this card brought back to mind for me.
    Last edited by TimVermont; 02-24-2010 at 07:55 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add quotes

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Got slumry's flowers (very nice) and David's bike today. Lot of snow, just perched on the bike. Both great photos!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mailed my cards today from Ho Chi Minh City. The postage seems awfully cheap compared to Canada, but the Post Office insists it's the right amount. Hopefully they will all arrive in one piece.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    24 Feb 2010

Thanks to all for you kind comments on the card I sent. This street sign, set-up by the owner to the property at their driveway, made me laugh also.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    35mm
    Good morning from Vienna,

yesterday evening, 2 cards were waiting for me:

- Tim Trapps (TimVermont) beautifully toned fire alarm. The toning fits the subject perfectly. My girlfriend was amazed that this was possible with a supposedly black-and-white-print and I think it is her favourite card so far.. Also, the card was written in German! Dankesch÷n, lieber Tim!
    - Lori's (lorifrommontana) interesting broken car window. I enjoyed looking at it and it is great how you can tell from one detail what the whole car must look like! Thank you and good luck with the restoration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received Tim Trapp's Windmill and Water tanks today. It's almost abstract, the toning makes it sing !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been receiving a steady drip of R19 cards in the mail, along with a few R18 stragglers.

I am putting off my printing for a bit until all the dust settles.

I am renovating the main floor 'front living room' to merge it with a rear 'family room' in our home to yield a room 11'x28' that I hope to be able to seasonally convert to a gallery on occasion for craft cooperative studio tours if I ever quit the day job and take up this mad craft I follow more seriously.

I pulled the drywall on the ceiling down last weekend to allow recessed lighting to be installed. There are too many fixtures to allow the wiring installation to all be just be fished in.

When the roof came down, with it came 45 years plus of dust, along with the original drywall mud sandings construction debris that fell though the slotted sub floor from the second floor when the house was originally built. I have vaccuumed extensively, but the electrostatic air cleaner on the furnace is still snapping away, so I know there are still moe dusties to conquer.

Further to Johnny Walkers comments about lesser postage rates by other than by Canada Post, I am considering a different option. I think I may print two or three prints for each participant on my list , write up the back as though to mail them, but then stick them in a common envelope. I think for the $1.60 I spend to send an interational posting I can get three prints in and be under the weight limit.

Would others be offended to get envelopes with multiple postcards? Apart from loving getting the postcards, I use the exchange to motiovate myself to get down to the darkroom.

If I can discipline myself to print a postcard round of images once a month, and thus build up a cache of prints for say every second postcard exchange then my output would be the same, but I would just get fewer images in return.

There are times when the received post cards I get get glanced at, and they may wait for two weekends or more before I can make time to properly reveiw them. I find that this route leaves me feeling that I have not givent the appreciation that the image makers usually deserve.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin