Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,491   Posts: 1,542,946   Online: 896

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    Would others be offended to get envelopes with multiple postcards?
    It might be difficult, but I think I can live with that

Regards

Birger A.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, I understand your feelings thinking that the sender is getting a raw deal. In reality as a sender, once a print has left the coop so to speak, it's out of your hands.

I don't worry too much once my prints have gone, someday you may be surprised and see or hear about one of your postcards that you have sent, you never know!

I helped one of my nieces when she was about eight years old, to make a postcard for her to send to her grandparents. When the last of those grandparents died, that postcard was found in the top drawer alongside the last grandparents bed. My niece has that postcard back in her possession about 13 years after it was sent.

Regarding sending postcards in an envelope, well that is a reasonable thing, but I prefer to receive a postcard with war wounds from the mailing system, they have their own character after that experience!

Mick.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Like Mick, I think that in an envelop, some "postcard spirit" is lost, but it is just my 2 cents.
    - Note to self: Next time processing a film, take notice of the shape of the beer bottle and the shape of the fixer bottle, and note the differences. -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm with Mick on this one. The first time I was in one of the postcard exchanges(I think it was #5) I sent all my postcards in an envelope but it's fun to see in what kind of shape you receive your postcards. I've had postcards from all over the world and 90% of them come with nary a scratch but occasionally you get a little more damage. Plus you get the satisfaction of knowing that different people from all over the world (not just your recipients) get to se your image and read your words...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    26 Feb 2010

I am with Mick, Patrick, and Kate on this issue. I like seeing how each country's postal system handles post cards. The "war wounds" have messed-up a number of images, but it gives them character and uniqueness.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quick catch up:

Lovely print of a birch trunk using shallow depth of field from Roger.
    Stunning tonality on lorifrommontana's print of her Willys Wagon.
    Great eye Darwin - really nice capture.

I've just finished printing my cards and they'll be in the post on Monday. I've gone for something a bit more experimental this time. I was attempting to create more individual images without giving up the speed benefits of serial production. Each print is different due to different combinations of bleach point, agitation and time in a second development in lith. Some are more alternative than others so everyone's going to have a different experience when they receive their card.

Barry
    My website: Light Work

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I just wondered as I sent all my cards out at the beginning of feb, if there is anyone who has not got it yet, this is my first time doing it and I am not sure how this is all normally done.

Paul

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Paul, I received your card, thank you. Nice shot, it's subject matter that I'm partial to and I like the raking light across the frame. Good job. As a far as how it's done. Varies as you will find out. I usually ask at some point well after I have sent out my cards if anyone has not received a card, and if anyone responds, then I sent another. I Know that cards don't always make it.

Roger

Shooter
    35mm
    Had another card waiting for me on Friday evening: Laurent's beautiful seaside shot! It has a strangely dramatic feeling to and is very well composed! Merci, Laurent!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received Laurents landscape today. Definetly one I would like to see printed larger.

Regards

Birger A.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin