Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,115   Online: 877

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718192024 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BirgerA View Post
    I received Laurents landscape today. Definetly one I would like to see printed larger.
    exactly what my first thought was!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Birger, I totally agree!
    Laurent's card arrived on Saturday and it is a superb landscape image - love it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Howdy all,

this is an apology post. I had planned on printing up all mine today, but I had a minor incident in my darkroom. In the process of setting everything up, I managed to spill all my remaining Multigrade developer on the floor. This necessitated me having to pull the door blanking off (MDF taped up against a double glass sliding door), to clean and dry.....by the time it was all done (about 5 minutes ago), I'd run out of time to get a decent enough print session in (plus, I didn't have any developer left...maybe just enough, but I have disposed of it as it wasn't worth keeping). This was my last chance for the next two or three weeks.

SO, I am still going to send out cards (there has to be a plan B now), but I am not sure when and how. All I know is there is going to be a delay.

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Birger, Nanette and Christian for your comments ! I recently discovered the virtues of small prints, so my first real print of these was on a 5x7, but I wanted to keep on printing on postcard paper.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Put all my postcards in the mail today.

Last week I received Lori's Wagon. I love the sight of those bubbles in the glass, it almost makes it look like something marine-like. I've also received Laurent's landscape, the detail is amazing! Thank you, both!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've been a bit quiet sorry, but I have been receiving your cards! Mick Fagan's in particular was awesome. I'm done printing now but due to an unexpectedly large bill, can't afford all of the ~$90 postage just yet. Therefore today I sent cards to everyone I've received a card from (about seven), plus all the Australians (another 5). The rest of you - I'll get 'em out before March is out I promise. They're sitting on my kitchen table right now.

donminbox if you're reading this - send me a real photo you took and I will send you one too. Otherwise, no.

PS: I hope all y'all like FB postcards. It'll be interesting to see how the finish survives the post compared to RC.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Got Laurent's wonderful shot. Very nice. Delta 3200 really isn't that grainy on a 1.5x enlargement

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A few more cards came in...

Laurent's landscape with all it's yummy detail...(I love small prints like this personally) I especially like how the trees and foreground surround the bright field in the distance.

Lori's door handle- very nice close-up, great tones and interesting subject. well done!

Tim's bridge- I really like the angles and the graphic in this one. nicely composed.

Roger's birch tree- I love the DOF in this shot and the tree placement. interesting and totally works for me.

Thanks all!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    02 Mar 2010

Received Laurent's card. Detail, small print, and very nicely done. The black border really accents the photo. The scene you choose reminds me of the winter 1996 when I was snow-shoeing near Chambery in the Savoie region of France. Thanks for reminding of this wonderful trip to your country.

Regards,
    Darwin
    Last edited by drpsilver; 03-02-2010 at 02:28 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Correct spelling and grammer.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Also received Laurent's card today. Wonderful cloudscape above the coastline. Very well printed and, as Darwin says, the border works very well.

I'll be in France (Provence) for Easter and am greatly looking forward to it.

Barry
    My website: Light Work

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin