Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,537   Online: 1085

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819202122232428 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for tip about the filters. I do not have an ND filter, but one of the harder multigrade filters should work, shouldn't it? Aperture was f/16 already. That shows how fast the paper still is..

Regards, Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rachelle: thank you for your comment. The negative itself had quite a high brightness range (and was probably a bit overexposed) and I'm not that a competent printer (yet ) to produce a punchy print from this negative without loosing highlight/shadow detail.

Mick: I also enlarged this negative to 11x14 and grain is still not visible to my naked eyes, only a slight amount of softening. I'm impressed by Delta 100 (despite how much I like Fomapan 100); I can only imagine how great it would look in larger formats...:rolleyes:

Still, my biggest problem was running away from the dogs who were at the site.
    Last edited by Aron; 03-09-2010 at 03:46 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarifying

Shooter
    35mm
    I received polyglot's card yesterday - I like it! The light is interesting and gives the photo structure - and the exploring kids fill the picture with life! Thank you, William!

Something I have to tell all of you: It's great being part of this exchange, the postcards I have received so far have always been high points in my day! Next time I'm going for MAX!

regards, Chris

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Atmospheric and nicely composed 'Iowan' scene from Allen Friday received today. Has that lovely Mamiya 7 crispness.
    My website: Light Work

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Got my 40 gone!!!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received Tim K's beautiful print from Angkor Wat today.
    Really nice.

Regards
    Birger A.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

As did I -- really like the light and contrast in this print, and the tension between the two trees.

I also received Barry's beautiful misty scene. Didn't realize Ilford's postcard paper could be redeveloped in lith! I like the split tone effect it's created.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    Received Allen Friday's "Iowa Scene" too! I really enjoy looking at it - the speed of the merry-go-round and the monumental tower details behind. Still couldn't figure out where in Iowa that might be, though...

Thank you, Allen!

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi, me again. Received 2 cards yesterday, a very calm and romantic country scene by Mark Thorley and Roger Thoms' detailed port scene. It has a nice structure to it with a few "imaginary triangles". Did you print with low contrast so that the details were still there? Also, I wonder: how did you print on the back - did you mount a sheet of paper to it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As did I -- really like the light and contrast in this print, and the tension between the two trees.

Oops! Confusion on two prints here...my bad. I did receive Tim K's print, as well as polygot's postcard of what I assume is a temple in the Angkor Wat complex (or something similar). Nice contrast in William's print, and a beautiful tone in Tim's with the sepia.

I also received rmann's Shaker Village workroom, a familiar scene to me having worked in museums like this myself. Good job printing, especially keeping detail in the windows, without having them blow out (something that plagues me all the time).
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin