Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,341   Online: 1119

Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 101415161718192021222324252630 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I’ve previously commented on six cards. Since then, another seven have come in:

Allen Friday - an ethereal photo of a carousel - great use of time exposure
    donminbox - a replacement for his commercial card. This one is a nice colour print of a rose. The data on the back doesn’t quite make sense, but I appreciate his efforts
    Laurent - a great skyscape, well printed
    mckenna - great macro image of some interesting coins
    mthorley - really captures the sense of light and heat
    rtbadman - an excellent industrial image that makes excellent use of a new () 4x5
    Tim Vermont - an interesting fire alarm detail, toned to beautiful colour

Twelve people have sent their cards so far, and 18 are yet to come.

Thanks to everyone for participating.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All my cards are now in the mail. The ones destined for USA destinations were mailed from Lynden Washington on Saturday (like that $0.28 postcard rate). The cards for Canada went in with their $0.57 postage to the local box. As for the cards destined for "International" destinations, they and their $1.70 stamps (ouch) got dropped off at the post office as well.

Each come complete with my very own spelling of the word "Cliffhanger":rolleyes:.

Note to self - proofread the labels before you put them on the cards!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    well, so far i have 8 cards!
    Roger Thomas generating station, Tim Vermont's stairs, Allen Friday's carousel and tower, Mark Thorley's crop seeder,William Brodie-tyrrell's vines, Lori Ryan's door handle,darwin's old woman road and Mick fagan's wheat silos.
    thank you all. i got some wooden stands and i put them there as they arrive so all the family can enjoy them.

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I got Mc Kenna's coins this week. Thanks for this very nice image !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another terrific week:
    Aron's Abandoned Factory printed on a paper I've never seen before
    Matt King's Cliffhanger - how did you get the warmtone color?
    Amiett's Quiet forest scene
    Mark's Old Crop Seeder
    McKenna's Coins
    Allen's "Iowa" Carousel-hmm, I bet that little stand sells chocolate crepes....
    Roger's Ravenswood Generating Station
    Thanks everyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Tim:

I was experimenting a bit with the toning on my postcards, so no two are exactly alike. I didn't record who got which version.

In general, however, I started out with a short, partial Selenium tone (1:10 dilution of Berg Selenium toner for anywhere between 20 seconds and 60 seconds) followed by a moderate length immersion in Kodak Sepia II bleach (for about 60 seconds) followed up with 2 to 4 minutes in the Sepia II toner.

In some cases, I could hardly tell that I used Sepia toner. In others, the Sepia tone effect seemed almost complete. In most, it was somewhere in between.

It was an interesting opportunity to compare differences between about 40 prints of the same negative.

The test wasn't purely scientific, at least partially due to the fact that my print densities varied a bit over the two nights of printing and two sets of paper.

I got the most pleasing (to me) results using a 30 second Selenium tone (at 1:10) followed by a 60 second bleach and two minute Sepia tone.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hope to print and post in the next couple weeks. Sorry for the delay. Have received a couple more cards.

donminbox's Rose. Fantastic detail. I absolutely love it. Thank you.
    Black Dog's Deal Pier. Is that a hint of self portrait I see in the lower left corner? Fantastic reflective detail.
    polyglot's Angkor Wat Moat. I love it. Another picture of a tree. But that is right up my alley. One of my favorite subjects as well.

Thank you all.
    I'll participate myself soon. Sorry, I wasn't my usual eager-beaver self this time around.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I’ve previously commented on 13 cards. Since then, another has come in:

polyglot - “Child & Guard” - a fascinating shot of an ancient temple (I assume) plus two extra bonuses (thanks for the hint polyglot ).

One question though - how did it get here without postage?

13 people have sent their cards so far, and 17 are yet to come.

Thanks to everyone for participating.
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received Black Dog's "Early light" today. Very puzzling, there are lots of shadows there, the detail only reveals itself after some time...

Did I read correctly "Sortosville" ? This is very close to the place I use to spend my holidays in.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes you did-my sister lives literally just round the corner, and there's a large ww2 German bunker on top of the hill overlooking the village which has featured in many of my images.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin