Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,905   Online: 825

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 111516171819202122232425262731 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Comments on cards recieved since my last round of comments:

Allen Friday –Night carousel – a very nice blur of a carnival carousel by night, at what looks like the base of a scale model of the Eifel tower - the tongue in cheek of about the line that it is another night around town was appreciated here.

Dominbox – Rose in dew. This is a very nice delicate image. Sharp foreground, good use of shallow DOF , and the subject works well with the high contrast look of the paper it as printed on

Matt King
    – Cedars on cliff. They are rendered in a nice tone that suits the feel of the subject, as does the paper surface. There is good detail in the shadows, and a nice bit of white sky poking though in spots as well, A full range if tones on a toned print. Very nice. This is something I usually screw up when I try my hand at toning.

McKenna
    – Old Coins.. A pleasing still life, and a great snapshot of a cache of old coins, and the stories they trigger to whoever has gathered them.

M Thorley – Claire Valley. Delightful; this is just as I remember it, from when we holidayed in the area. Very eloquent, and an very representative image, with the flat plains among rolling hills, expressed in a perfect contrast range for the scene.

Polyglot - Great details and mid-tone crispness. This card also made it to me despite the stamp falling off somewhere after the bar codes were stamped on it by Canada Post.

RT Badman – Generating Station. I like the way your eye is drawn from the centre of the image to the top of each chimney, and out to the right top corner. A bit more development time to build highlight density and lighten the sky in the print, might have strengthened the image a bit, but you might have lost the ladder detail in the white bands of the stacks.

TimK Ankgor Wat – The sharp square window openings, contrast wonderfully with the round pools of light that they cast onto the opposite wall of this corridor. The corridor leading off to the white space at its end is very nice as well. The use of the negative space on each side is very good also. All round a very nice image.

I now just have 10 images to print and dry and I will be sending my submission out. The dust has finally settled, and we are now temporarily back to living in the living room of the house again.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Glad to hear mine are arriving. Those without stamps were bulk-franked by the PO

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Today MattKing's Cliffhanger arrived in my box. I love forests, and I love this card ! Lighting is great, and the detail amazing (and makes it even harder for me to resist to GAS and be confident my Rolleiflex is all I need )
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Received Allen Friday`s postcard. I love this "typical" Iowa image. I am amazed of all the details even for a night image. Thanks for a such beautiful card. For myself I had a lot of work recently, but everything is ok now, so I should finish my prints and post them by the end of the week.
    - Note to self: Next time processing a film, take notice of the shape of the beer bottle and the shape of the fixer bottle, and note the differences. -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've received the following cards:

Lori's '55 Willys. Well done, but it looks like you've got a ways to go in the restoration!
    Mick Fagan's wheat silos. Nice composition, sky, and contrast. Quite different from our wheat silos I think.
    Darwin's Old Woman Road. Very nice, lots of interesting detail. Is that a walker around the signpost?
    Laurent's river and boat picture from France. Dark and moody, I like it.
    Rachelle's IR picture of the cemetery angel in France. The IR suits the subject very well.
    Allen Friday's Carousel picture from Iowa, and what looks like the bottom of the Eiffel tower?? Neat photo, whatever is going on there!
    Roger Thom's Ravenswood Generating Station. A very well done industrial picture, perfect light level for the subject.
    Mark Thorley's old crop seeder in South Australia. Nice composition, tones and contrast. Conveys a feeling of emptiness and reminds me of our Okanagan area near me.
    Don Morrison's very lovely red rose, nice to get a colour card mixed in with the b&w's!
    Yesterday I also received the card of Daniel, the picture I took in Guyana and mailed in Vietnam. I was beginning to wonder if any of the north american ones would show up at all. It took almost a month to get here.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker View Post
    Darwin's Old Woman Road. Very nice, lots of interesting detail. Is that a walker around the signpost?
    25 Mar 2010

The walker is tied to the post with "cable ties" so it does not walk away.

I have received several cards since my last post.

The card from Black Dog of a nice summer afternoon in the water.
    The print from MattKing reminds me of my adventure across the Capilano Bridge. You get to the middle and your wife begins to make the bridge bounce driving me crazy.
    The photo from amiett makes me want to go for a walk in this forest. I like how the shadows draw the viewer into the print. Nicely done.
    Mthorley's photo of an abandoned cart is reminiscent of the Great Plains in the US.
    I really like mckenna's photo of coins. It gives the viewer a lot to look at, and think about. Well done!
    "Carousel and Tower" by Allen Friday is a very "cross cultural experience" - the very American carousel vs. the very French Eiffel Tower. How tall is the tower? Certainly not a 1:1 replica.
    A nice color print from donminbox.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I received polyglot's card today. Dude, never apologies for such a nice image. I see a lot of things in it. Curiously, there is no stamp on it.
    Thanks for a such nice card. Finally printed my cards yesterday, everything should be in the mail by Monday.
    - Note to self: Next time processing a film, take notice of the shape of the beer bottle and the shape of the fixer bottle, and note the differences. -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello everybody,
    Thanks for all the cards sent to me, it's been a particularly crazy month and I suddenly realised it's almost the end of the send out time, but I have finally wrestled with a mail merge program and got everything addressed so it's just a trip to the Post Office tomorrow to get some stamps and the cards should be on their way before the end of the month. I'd b interested to hear how they survive the worlds postal systems.

Crispin

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Finished to write a personal note on every of them, everything is in the mail as of today (won't leave the post office before tonight or Monday morning). If you do not receive my card, let me know, I printed a couple of extras !!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Wooo. Just finished printing all my cards. They will go out tomorrow. Also have received these since the last time I posted.

Mckenna - Cool macro shot of the coins. We don't see enough macro shots in the postcard exchange.
    Johnnywalker - Wonderful portrait and great print.
    Matt King - putting the new camera to good use! I really like the tone of this print too - is it all from the developer?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin