Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,278   Online: 920

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 121617181920212223242526272832 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    Wooo. Just finished printing all my cards. They will go out tomorrow. Also have received these since the last time I posted.

Mckenna - Cool macro shot of the coins. We don't see enough macro shots in the postcard exchange.
    Johnnywalker - Wonderful portrait and great print.
    Matt King - putting the new camera to good use! I really like the tone of this print too - is it all from the developer?
    Thanks to all who've commented about my cards (and Capilano Canyon ).

As to the tone of the print, here is what I posted earlier (it even is addressed to "Tim" ):

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/...tml#post966155
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am going to have to apologize for being late on my post cards. I thought I would try toning. It didn't work the way I thought it would. So I will have to reprint. Sorry...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    As to the tone of the print, here is what I posted earlier (it even is addressed to "Tim" ):
    Haha, nice. I've never toned before, but I like the look you got on the card that I got. Which is good, because I have some newly ordered selenium toner and some brown toner too.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    First, an apology. I've been somewhat tardy in getting my cards out. They were printed way back in January, and have been posted today.

To date, have received:

rtbadman - Ravenswood Generating Station
    Allen Friday - Carousel and Tower
    mthorley - Old Crop Seeder
    donminbox - pink Rose
    TimVermont - Bascule Bridge

(lorirfrommontana & drpsilver's both arrived ages ago.)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    More cards for comment!

McKenna's old coins- What a cool idea! Really interesting and well done. Even the arrangement of the coins is superb!

Mark T's old crop seeder- Quiet country feeling to this one, it's too bad the post office got a little rough with it. (bent and torn!)

Matt's cliffhanger- I don't care how you spell it, it's gorgeous! I love the warm tones and the detail is excellent. Looks like a beautiful area for exploring.

BlackDog's beach scene- Somehow I knew this card was yours before I looked at the back. How cool is that? The high key tones in this are simply yummy. (don't know how else to say it) It's so well done I feel like I'm there, (I wish!) and the sparkly bits in the water are the icing on the cake.

And finally gordrob's Albertosaurus- I can't help but smile when I see this card...DINOSAUR! The memories! I'm instantly transported back to numerous family trips to Drumheller and the Tyrrell museum. Love that place. Thanks!

Thanks to everyone this round! My cards will go out in a day or so.

Kathy
    Last edited by KWhitmore; 03-29-2010 at 09:38 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: I spell good sumtimes!

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks!-I've got quite into my high key printing recently [well even TJC is doing it...].It can be quite challenging striking the right balance though as you really need to watch the drydown. I'll pass your comments on to my models [my parents and some very old family friends].
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi everybody, I received quite a few cards last week:

From Black Dog, a very interesting beach scene that has a dreamy feel to it. I like the reflections on the water and the "sea air" this photo makes me smell!
    Matt King sent me his cliffhanger tree: beautiful tone indeed, and a very detailed print to boot! I like the light in this photo and how the rocks contrast the trees.
    Last but not least, I received an envelope from Mike Wilde with three photos. Two portraits, well photographed and printed and with interesting explanations. I like the high key one better, great expression on the model! Third photo was my favourite of the bunch as I am a keen admirer of all things old and rotten. With the low contrast print, you have captured the transcience of all things human. (hope i did use that word correctly?)

So thank you three and all others for the nice photos!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received Tim's postcard today. I think I now understand what is meant by 'That Leica Glow'. Great print.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I got two "cards" yesterday :

Crispin's iceland house, lovely print of a lovely place. The second card in color in this exchange.

Mike Wilde's enveloppe with three (actually 4, but there's a duplicate) nice prints. Two very classical portraits, and a view of an old radio shack. The low contrast adds a lot to the old radio equipment.

Thanks for these !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bought some labels last week, hopefully will have my prints in the mail soon, sorry for the delay people

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin