Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,578   Online: 885

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1317181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

At long last...

After some busy weeks, I thought I'd take some time to comment on the cards I received so far. I may have commented on a few of them already, but never mind that; I'll just go through the whole stack in front of me.

mooseontheloose, a beautiful and dreamy IR shot. Great, as usual.
    donminbox, first a regular postcard (and although that was not the object of this exchange, it's still a nice card), then later a correction with a card of a rose. Thanks for the effort.
    Mick Fagan, wheat silos. A truly stunning print. The silos, the material with the sunlight reflecting off it, the sky, the foreground... It's as if I'm there. (Except for the temperature, I guess.) Great print.
    drpsilver, a nice shot, funny and serious at the same time.
    TimVermont, nice 'minimalistic' shot, great toning.
    Laurent, Lovely shot. Sharp, detailed, and a great view.
    lorirfrommontana, nice detail of your Willys Wagon. "Yet unrestored", well, as long as you don't restore it, it makes for a great subject for photos. (Then again, it would also make a great subject once restored. I guess that's not yet planned for the next postcard exchange? )
    rtbadman, great print, I like these industrial shots. Just got back from New York myself, but didn't go much further than Manhatten. Guess I have to travel there again. (Oh, tough luck! )
    mthorley, crop seeder. So nice to see all these different landscapes from across the world. Thanks.
    crispinuk, Iceland again. Well, you can't go wrong there, at least not for me. Great colours, great composition.
    Tim Gray, snowy/rainy day. Lovely mood. I've been thinking about this. It's so easy to stay indoors when it's raining, but it is also possible to get some really great shots taken, a whole different mood than the sunny f/16 weather. I like this a lot, it's inspiring.

If I haven't accidentally left some cards between stacks of mail, then this is what I have received to date. I was going to apologise for being late this round, but as I've received 11 out of 25, I see I am certainly not the only one. Nevertheless, I apologise.

The weather forecast for the long Easter weekend is not too good, so either I will let myself be inspired by Tim Gray and go out & shoot some rainy shots, or (and that's my plan) I will spend some time in the darkroom.
    Hopefully, I can print my cards this weekend, and address them next week.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Howdy All,

My cards have finally hit the post box. They were sent yesterday, but with the Friday and Monday public holidays in Australia for Easter, there may be a bit of a delay till they hit their destinations. I have done a total of 5 different negs, so I hope those who got the shot they did, like them.

Also, a bit of an interesting note.....please don't sue me for breach of copyright, but I have set up a similar postcard exchange on another general photography forum. There are subtle differences (while I had made it open, the most anyone has to send is 10), the group that are involved have taken to it like ducks to water and are getting a lot out of the exchange.

I have also been receiving cards as well since, so I think its only right that I thank and comment on them. In no particular order (OK, the order they are in, on the pile in front of me on the desk...):

Laurent Nice snow covered track through the forest. A few scratches, but I like the wintery feel of the picture
    Mthorley Crop seeder in the Clare Valley. Thanks for bringing something closer to my home then yours, to me!
    Lori Willys door handle. I'm always a sucker for a nice car shot. Hope you have plenty of filler for the project...
    polyglot Beng Mealea Moat. Fantastic eerie feeling.
    mooseontheloose Statue, Pere Lachaise Cemetery. There is just something about those HIE shots. Interesting results
    rtbadman Power Station, Queens. The processing suits the industrial scene. Suprised you didn't get arrested???
    Allen FridayCarousel. Nice long exposure
    Tim Trapp Adobe Wall. Love the textures. Reminds me so much of the burnt limestone plastered buildings from where I grew up
    DRPSilver Old Woman Road. Teehehe. Nearly looks like a bicycle lock on the walking frame.
    Mick Fagan Silo's. Another that reminds me of where I grew up. Hmmmm, Orange filter....must remember that.
    McKenna Old coins. This one is my wifes favourite
    Black Dog Beach. Nice summertime feel
    Dominbox two cards, the commercial one and the Rose. Like the shot and the colours, but the labs digital conversion has, well, overly digified the shot.

So, thats 13. I know that I should get a few more over the next two months.

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Today Tim Gray's "wintery mix" made it to my home. The mood is perfectly rendered, it's a postcard I might keep at hand for the hottest weather, when I long for the winter to get back !!
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Mike Wilde's envelope with three (actually 4, but there's a duplicate)
    I knew there was one out there somewhere. I got to the end of the envelope stuffing session and was a print short on the sw fb.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I also received Mike's triple set. What a pleasant surprise. I especially like the two portraits.

Roger

OMU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have to admit that I'm late with my postcards this round,
    but I will be making the during the next days and send them after easter.

- OM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The most recent set of postcards I've received were badly abused, whether they came from near or far. Some updates:
    Mike's Triple set, the only ones unscathed. Given what international mail costs, this may be the way to go.
    Polyglot's Moat, the mist gives a terrific mix of the solid and ethereal.
    Tim Gray's Wintery Mix, weather which I'm happy to have left behind!
    Crispin's print from Iceland-very abused by the PO, but it makes me want to go.
    Patrick's Wonderful selective focus shot of a dew-covered leaf.
    Jake's Cool print, which puts a new meaning to squaring the circle.

I mailed my last batch a few weeks ago and hope they've arrived in good shape.
    Last edited by TimVermont; 04-04-2010 at 08:42 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi everyone,

I now have a permanent address in Japan, so if you haven't sent me your card yet, please pm me and I'll send you the updated version of my address. If you've already sent your card, I'll get it eventually via my parents. Cheers.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TimVermont View Post
    Patrick's Wonderful selective focus shot of a dew-covered leaf.
    I am happy to see that my first postcard ever, arrived at destination, too bad that it was damaged, but it is part of the postcard spirit.
    - Note to self: Next time processing a film, take notice of the shape of the beer bottle and the shape of the fixer bottle, and note the differences. -

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I sent my cards last week but there may be a problem Houston.... :-(

One of the ladies working the P.O. counter brought out a device for measuring letters and whatnot...long story short...my cards were smaller than the measuring thingy's opening.

At that point she said I would have to add 4 dollars more postage onto every freaking card...!!! (she didn't say freaking) And more for the international ones. Gasp!

So then I bit back some well chosen statements filling my head as I should as a nice Canadian....finally my slippery comeback was "I've never had a problem before!"...to which the PO lady said ominously, "oh well, try and send them then". Which I did.

Bottom line. If for "some reason" my cards don't make their way to all of you, (on my list) please tell me. Or if (oh the horror) your P.O. asks you to pay postage on my cards, please refuse them and let me know ASAP. That way I can re-do and re-send all my cards, sob! (by the way, I paid the postage to receive one persons card this round, bizarre!)

Sorry for the longish sob story...I was totally freaked out and unprepared for this!

Kathy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin