Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,593   Posts: 1,546,093   Online: 906

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1620212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Got Trotkiller's lighthouse today. Lovely perspective, the lighthouse looks great that way !
    Wow, that was quick, some locals only got their copies today, thats AusPost for you

I'm glad you like it, I wasn't sure the print was any good when i looked at the cards again when I sent them...

I also received Kathy's card as well

To be completely honest, I have lost track of all the cards this time... to those that have sent cards to me, thank you
    Last edited by trotkiller; 04-13-2010 at 07:30 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A nice bunch of cards came in recently...

Tim Gray--wintery mix...this card glows. Glow, shine, sparkle...this image has it. Lovely.
    polyglot--Angkor Wat Moat...wicked sharp and nice tones.
    Mike Wilde--three portraits...thank you for including all the info on your process...it's so valuable to those just beginning with portraits. (such as myself) The ladies look lovely and I really like the different light situations you used. The radio shack looks a little horror movie-ish...wouldn't want to be left in there alone!
    Crispin--abandoned farmhouse...so that's Velvia....stunning color! After a long grey winter I appreciate this, thanks!
    OMU--Pier with snow...I can almost feel the chill in this place. The texture in the snow is amazing...crunchy! :-)

Thanks to everyone...it's been a great round.

Kathy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trotkiller View Post
    Wow, that was quick, some locals only got their copies today, thats AusPost for you

I'm glad you like it, I wasn't sure the print was any good when i looked at the cards again when I sent them...
    They even have forgotten to put their mark on the stamp !!

For the prints, I almost always have the same feeling, usually right after dropping the print in the mailbox, and looking at the pilot print again...
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received one more, OMU, Pier with snow, nice one, I like the grain. Thanks.

And... my cards went in the mail today. At last. If the postal services are as slow as me, it might take a few months for the cards to arrive.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format

I'm ready for the 80s..

To be completely honest, I have lost track of all the cards this time... to those that have sent cards to me, thank you[/QUOTE]

Me too, as I'm in the middle of a move...
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I got trotkiller's Low Head Lighthouse. Great detail in the brick and the mesh. Thank you very much.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I finally got a package of cards forwarded to me from Canada and I was very pleased with the cards received! To date:

mckenna's "Old Coins" -- a nice executed idea! Would love to know one of the stories behind them...

Johnny Walker's portrait of Daniel, the Guyanan logger is really well done. He may not be smiling in this photo, but you can sure see that he usually does by the lines on his face.

amiett's early morning sun really captures the beauty of early morning light through the trees.

MattKing's "Clifhanger" is a scene I know and is a nice reminder of Canada, now that I'm no longer living there.

Patrick Latour's dew drops have a great selective field of focus and provide a few different abstract interpretations.

Black Dog's "What is this thing called light that reveals everything except itself" came a little marred from the post office but the sense of light is still visible.

Crispin's abandoned farmhouse is a wonderful color addition to this round.

And Mike Wilde's 'hat trick' of three cards was a wonderful bonus with the two portraits and ham radio.

Thanks again everyone!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I got home to a course of "Dad, you got another postcard" 's. In today's post was BMark Rewald's Denver snowstorm. It was a wet snow. I love looking at wintry weather from a distance. Usually the distance from it to me in a nice a warm, toasty front room sipping a good cup of Java. Great print, Mark.. Thanks for sending it to me.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received Kraker's IR landscape today. Great composition and printing, thanks a lot !!!
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I received Kraker's IR landscape today. Great composition and printing, thanks a lot !!!
    Woohoo, that was fast! Glad you like it.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin