Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,398   Online: 1111

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1721222324252627282930313233 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Wow am I far behind. Just printed them this week.
    -rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yesterday I got Trotkiller`s Lighthouse. First time I can see the result of ERA and also Formatol P. Nice piece of work.

I also got Black Dog`s bunker 11. A lot of textures when you look at the concrete and a lot of details when you look at the plants in the front. Contact printed ? Another super sharp card.

Thanks guys.
    - Note to self: Next time processing a film, take notice of the shape of the beer bottle and the shape of the fixer bottle, and note the differences. -

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Patrick-it was enlarged from APX 400 developed in PCAT with minimal [every 3 mins] agitation which really kicks up the sharpness. The sidelighting helps to pick out the details as well.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Thanks Patrick-it was enlarged from APX 400 developed in PCAT with minimal [every 3 mins] agitation which really kicks up the sharpness. The sidelighting helps to pick out the details as well.
    The sharpness is so incredible, I was almost sure that it was contact printed. Anyways, a real great print.
    - Note to self: Next time processing a film, take notice of the shape of the beer bottle and the shape of the fixer bottle, and note the differences. -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, folks. I have received about 15 cards, and I have not made the time to do mine yet. I've been super busy at work 40 hours a week, plus a second job another 16 per week at night, so I have been dragging my feet.

I will make a definite point of printing them this weekend!

I have a question, though. I have decided to keep with the baseball theme from the last exchange in which I participated (pic of Jackie Robinson bust dwarfing a white lady on a bench). Do you want:

1. Ruins of Tiger Stadium, after the final pavilion was destroyed for good, on IR film. Tiger Stadium opened in 1912, on the same day as Boston's Fenway Park, and until its destruction, was tied with Fenway for the honor of being the oldest ballpark in the U.S.A. Most of it had been torn down a few years prior to the removal of the remaining pavilion, but there was some public outcry, and the diamond and one pavilion were spared from the initial demolition. There was talk of converting it into a museum, and/or using it for film productions. Nobody came up with any money or concrete plans over a period of several years, however, and this past summer, the Detroit City Council decided to demolish and sell the rubble of remainder of the stadium for $400,000 in scrap money. My picture was taken from across the street from the roof of my car after the pavilion had been largely crushed, but before all the pieces had been carted off. The field and the diamond were still there at the time of the shot, and from across the street with my high vantage point, this created a brilliant sliver of maximum white right through the middle of the print. My tribute to Tiger Stadium, a historic American icon allowed to be destroyed by a combination of apathy, lack of money, lack of respect, and short-term greed and corruption over long-term city planning and development for the future. Representative of Detroit and the way it is run, representative of this country and the way it is run, and representative of the death and/or transformation of baseball's old-time spirit.

2. My shot of Barry Bonds in the outfield at Dodger Stadium, when he was one shy of tying Hank Aaron's career home run record. I hoped to see him tie it, and perhaps break it, but it did not happen in this three-game series. The shot is on 35mm Delta 3200, but I crop off the right 1/3 of the shot to make it square format when I print it. It is just a wash of grainy, diagonally-stripey outfield, with a lone Bonds tucked into the lower left corner, his hand on his hip. The way I see it, the shot shows my conflicted thoughts on Bonds. I wanted to show respect for him and my awe of the man's athletic talents by representing him dramatically iconic in his professional environment, with an obvious shot from the stands, like an admiring fan would shoot. One of the greatest players to ever play the game; no doubt in my mind. At the same time, I think the shot shows via composition and mood how his drug use has ostracized him and sadly spoiled this image forever. I don't even like to say the man was great anymore, and nor do most. It is sad to me. He was a guy who was already going to be one of the greats of all time. He didn't need to do what he did...but the pressures that be in professional sports got to him. As opposed to simply being one of the greatest of the great to me, he is now a guy who saw how great he was, and wasn't satisfied with it. He saw how much greater he could be if he could exercise more often (which is all steroids allow one to do; they do not build muscle, but speed the healing of muscle tissue, to allow one to work out more often), got greedy (for both reasons that internal and external), and ended up disrespecting the entire sport. To me, he is the ultimate symbol of the joke that professional sports have become due to financial pressures; a fallen, tainted, flawed hero of sorts...quite classic, really. They are sort of a love/hate thing for me, and I just wanted to get that across with this picture.

Here are the people on my exchange list:

1. Allen Friday
    2. BirgerA
    3. Black Dog
    4. crispinuk
    5. donminbox
    6. drpsilver
    7. DrZish
    8. Laurent
    9. lorirfrommontana
    10. markrewald
    11. mckenna
    12. Mick Fagan
    13. mooseontheloose
    14. mthorley
    15. OMU
    16. photomem
    17. polyglot
    18. Rob Skeoch
    19. rst
    20. rtbadman
    21. Tim Gray
    22. timk
    23. TimVermont
    24. trotkiller
    25. wazza
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 04-22-2010 at 11:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    i think number one....

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    OK, I am late too, my cards are printed (also my daughter printed her cards) and I will send them after the weekend.

2F/2F I opt for the second one.

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    ... Do you want:...
    I'd like #2
    Thanks

Laurent
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Number One I think, although they both sound great.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

OMU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    #2 for me, please.
    - and thanks for the service!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin