Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,447   Online: 1018

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18222324252627282930313233 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A summary of comments on the cards that have arrived since I last commented:

BlackDog – “Really” early light #2 – the first shafts of day start to penetrate the evening gloom. This might be a time to put the shadows on zone 4 (even if you are not into the zone system I hope you get my drift) It also could be a case of pushing development to expand an inherently low contrast scene.

Crispink – Abandon Iceland - A hauntingly barren fantastic colour print. Oh the life that the original builder put in to establish on such a site. Also good old Velvia..

KWhitmore – Gift shop of horrors – Great full tonal range and a sharp print. I hope you know the growling subject. Otherwise the …of horrors part would make a lot more sense.

markrewald - Snowy parking meter A great capture of a fleeting scene, with a neat tiny accent of the figure starting to cross the street. I really like the black margin that you did to hold the light toned image from spilling to the paper edge.

OMU – dock covered n snow – Nice and delicate with the great reflections in the still water to provide a contrasting surface to that which the snow presents. The off kilter horizon as shown in the water line on my print is kind of a turn off to me, though.

RobSkeotch – Mont Blanc. There is certainly evidence of an expert eye to have used the orange filter to put just the right amount of contrast punch into this image. Stunningly crisp optics at play are also visible here.

TimGrey – Enjoy the first snow – I like the way that the grass is covered, but the shrubbery is not, and how there are no piles of snow turned ice that show up later in the year. I think it was worth it getting this first snow shot, even though you took all of the rest of the snow last winter that I usually end up getting to shovel where I live.

Trotkiller – Taz Lighthouse. A nice scene – but did it really need stand development? The print shows great details but the overall effect is low in contrast from the way I would have printed it.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Today I got :

Mark Rewald's Snow storm, which I like a lot. The black border adds to the image, and I think it makes the high key effect more effective.

Wayne Frederick's Ohio tomatoes. Did I already say I love close-ups ? Well, I love close ups, and this is one is great. The rendeition of the textures is amazing, and I love the composition !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks guys! Very nice comments and appreciated considering I was extremely late with sending them out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I Mark,

I received your Denver Snow storm as well...... I was always told the photographing snow was hard. You (and the rest of the others who have sent snow postcards) have nailed it! Nice seeing how the rest of the world lives!

On another note, have others been receiving mine? I have only seen evidence that 1 has got through.... (they were sent at the start of the month).

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    2F-both sound interesting.
    Hoffy-pretty certain I got yours although I'm in the middle of a move at the mo.
    Kraker-I'll print some more WW2 bunkers up for a future round though I have quite a few related pics not used in the Ag 56 spread.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 04-24-2010 at 04:41 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Forgot my ww2 bunkers
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Rob Skeoch's Mont Blanc showed up in my box this very day. WOO HOO! A divergence from recent subject material. I always looked forward to images from the China series. But this mountain landscape is ABSOLUTELY right up my alley. I suppose if I lived on unflat land it might be otherwise. But this is a great print. Thank you so much for sending it to me, Rob.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Rob Skeoch's Mont Blanc showed up in my box this very day. WOO HOO! A divergence from recent subject material. I always looked forward to images from the China series. But this mountain landscape is ABSOLUTELY right up my alley. I suppose if I lived on unflat land it might be otherwise. But this is a great print. Thank you so much for sending it to me, Rob.
    I received yesterday, and also love it. This landscape is simply gorgeous, and the print is great also ! Thanks a lot !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks guys. I forgot to post that I actually got my prints in the mail this week. Hope you enjoy them.
    -rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I always enjoy anything you send, Rob. Again, I apologize for my own uncharacteristic tardiness this round. I hope to turn something out on the quick.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    I just came back from the post office. My postcards and those of my daughter are in the mail now and should arrive in your mailbox soon.

Please excuse that I am so late this round, but I was a bit busy. Next round will be a better round for me.

I will start the signup for the next round on Sunday and hope all of you will show up in round 20.

Cheers
    Ruediger

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin